We have a tooth!

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Jiaden's first tooth is coming in!!! I noticed it while nursing and he bit me
So that will have to change, but I was excited that it didn't really matter at the time! Yea teeth!

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's not every day you are so excited about being bitten.
Go Jiaden!!

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saying "no" with a firm tone of voice and serious face will stop the biting easily enough. There is still the odd "nip" when they fall asleep nursing and involuntarily clench, but those are few and far between.

I nursed my dd until she was 3, so managed even through molars just fine. All the biting happened in the months under 1 year old.

Congratulations!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Naia

It's not every day you are so excited about being bitten.
Go Jiaden!!
Please post a picture of that oh so cute smile as soon as you can get a sight of that tooth!!! Awwwww...... Jaiden you too cute!

calico76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congrats!
That's great!

My DD is 9 months already and still has no teeth! I keep telling her she can't eat purees forever!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I am so excited and slightly tired. Today has been a little rough with all the extra fussing.

Originally Posted by CatMom2Wires

Saying "no" with a firm tone of voice and serious face will stop the biting easily enough. There is still the odd "nip" when they fall asleep nursing and involuntarily clench, but those are few and far between.

I nursed my dd until she was 3, so managed even through molars just fine. All the biting happened in the months under 1 year old.

Congratulations!
I plan to tell him no next time he bites, but I am not so sure he will again. I screamed pretty loudly
I didn't know he had any teeth in there yet! I feel bad that I scared him, but man oh man did that hurt.

I plan to nurse Jaiden until he is 2. Every time I tell people this they tell me how it is just WAY to long to nurse. I am happy to know that I will not be the only one nursing past the first birthday.

Originally Posted by Calico76

Congrats!
That's great!

My DD is 9 months already and still has no teeth! I keep telling her she can't eat purees forever!
My sister didn't get her first tooth until she was 11months old. She lost her last baby tooth in 10th grade
Her teacher called my Mom and was like "It was just so exciting! I have never had a student loose a tooth in my class before."

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Emy4cats

I plan to tell him no next time he bites, but I am not so sure he will again. I screamed pretty loudly
I didn't know he had any teeth in there yet! I feel bad that I scared him, but man oh man did that hurt.
sorry but
at the way you had to find out

I plan to nurse Jaiden until he is 2. Every time I tell people this they tell me how it is just WAY to long to nurse. I am happy to know that I will not be the only one nursing past the first birthday.
Good for you.
Your son will reap the rewards of your choice

The people telling you that 2yrs is too long to nurse, have they ever nursed? I find comments like that come from #1 People with no kids OR #2 People who have never nursed OR #3 people who are oldfashioned/think boobs are sexual (which to a child they are NOT)/etc.

ETA: Congrats on the toothy...... I found once the first one came, the next 3 were not far behind.