Kitty wall!!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alright, so this was what the kitties got for MY birthday
- a brand new kitty wall!

They love it!!!!!!!
The top shelf is 6 feet wide, and the others are 2 ft wide. I got the shelves at home depot, along with the brackets, and the carpet. They cut me a 12ft x 1ft carpet strip, and I cut to size with regular scissors. I then glued the carpet down with a glue gun... It was lots of fun to do it (and lots of work too), and now I will decorate so it is a little more living room friendly
- Ideas are welcome!!!

So, what do you think?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you guess who are the real living room owners?

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so cool! Great job!

If my cat saw that she'd be jealous for sure! At the same time, I will keep that idea in mind and maybe drop hints to the always-experimenting engineer boyfriend....

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahh I can't wait to start looking for houses--I will be devoting a wall to this!!

I love it it looks great!!

Leslie

yourlovingcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a great area for your cats. Now all they need is a litter box, food and water, and you may never get them off the wall!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love it (and really love your treehouse too). We have similar shelves, but ours holds Hess truck collection (the trucks/boxes) around the room.

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the same cat tree!
My boys love it. I love your wall idea. It was very thoughtful of you to do that for them for YOUR birthday. Happy birthday, by the way!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

An excellent idea.
no fighting over perchs
You would think, right? But still they "fight" for the "right" spot

Originally Posted by katiemae1277

That is awesome!! I wish I had a big clear wall to do that on!
Thanks! I cleared the wall, as you can tell by the hanging wires from the surround system... It is going back up, but in another location...I also removed the artworks from the wall - will be relocating them elsewhere.

Originally Posted by DarkMavis

That's so cool! Great job!
Thanks!! It was a fun job! I can hang shelves like a pro now

If my cat saw that she'd be jealous for sure! At the same time, I will keep that idea in mind and maybe drop hints to the always-experimenting engineer boyfriend....
Ah, with an engineer boyfriend..... hum.... you got some major spoil-the-kitties-rotten-potential! He probably can help you to do some pretty cool stuff around the house for the kitties.

Originally Posted by Jack31

Ahh I can't wait to start looking for houses--I will be devoting a wall to this!!

I love it it looks great!!

Leslie
Thanks Leslie!

Originally Posted by Yourlovingcat

What a great area for your cats. Now all they need is a litter box, food and water, and you may never get them off the wall!
hehe - no....... don't you give them funny ideas! Shhhhh...

Originally Posted by Pami

Aww thats really cool. Those are some lucky babies there
Thank you Pami - they are loved and spoiled for sure!

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I love it (and really love your treehouse too). We have similar shelves, but ours holds Hess truck collection (the trucks/boxes) around the room.
And the kitties didn't take possession of those shelves yet??

Originally Posted by myfamiliars

I have the same cat tree!
My boys love it. I love your wall idea. It was very thoughtful of you to do that for them for YOUR birthday. Happy birthday, by the way!
We both got gifts - mine was paying late bills and calling the cleaning lady for a much needed deep clean, and theirs was the wall... They deserve it
! It makes me so happy to see them running around playing - really entertaining, so in the end it is a gift for me too

Thanks for the happy birthday, but I still have a couple of days to go - the real day is thursday...

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could sell tickets or rent space on that... Looks like every kitty's idea of fun lounging space to me.

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is SOOOO awesome!!! Totally cool. I want that in my house! (but with my cats, it may be a disaster...
). Just an idea: maybe paint or put some really cool design up behind each shelf, so that when they lean on the white wall it won't get dirty? I know they're not dirty, but I mean like body oils, litter dust and stuff like that. Just thinking cuz you said you had to take all the art off of that wall, it would be a way to get some art back up there for you. Just like mark off a certain shape (maybe like a half-oval or something, idk) and paint within that shape??? That's a lot more work tho...

Either way, that is one of the coolest cat things I've ever seen! Great idea, VERY lucky kitties!!! And cost-efficient I'm sure! (considering how much a HUGe cat tree like that would cost). And very space-saving as well, just a great idea all-around. Make me one!!!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just an update on this wall... It is going to be 6 months since I put it up, and I have to say that it was definitely a huge success - as far as kitty stuff goes, the best investment by far. The three of them use it every day, to play - Hope and Lucky LOVE playing chase up and down this thing... They hang out in it, sleep in it...
Even Bugsy, with his 18 pounds of kitty, aims his jumps and gets himself all the way to the top to watch the world going by.
It was cheap, I think not more than $60 bucks including everything, nails, brackets, glue for the gun, carpet, shelves.... And I put it all together on my own in a couple or a few hours...
The top shelf is the one they like the most! My plan is to continue to adding more shelves to it once I get a job... I also hang some toys from the brackets, so they can play from the lower level; it is also more visually appealing - sorry, too lazy to take a new picture