balloon ride

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
DH and i went on a balloon ride this morning in Temecula. it was awesome. i didn't realize we had taken off till i looked down. it is really a very smooth ride. it was a little strange to be looking down on birds in flight. but it was a lot of fun.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by goonie

DH and i went on a balloon ride this morning in Temecula. it was awesome. i didn't realize we had taken off till i looked down. it is really a very smooth ride. it was a little strange to be looking down on birds in flight. but it was a lot of fun.
I've been wanting to do that! Do you have any photos?

Did you get to eat while you were up there?

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really wish I was brave enough to do that! I am terrified of heights, and my son was nearly killed in a balloon accident a few years ago. But other than that I'd love it! I'm jealous.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Isn't it fun? We went a few years ago, and I didn't realise we'd taken off either! It really is so smooth and quiet. The only noise is when they fire up the burner. We had a champagne breakfast after. Really neat experience!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

We have talked about taking one over Napa or Sonoma.
I hope you had fun.
You should definitely do it!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A couple/three years ago a balloon came down in the field behind our neighbors house. We all ran out and took pictures of the landing and the flyover the house. The operator let us take turns going up while the balloon was thethered to the ground.

Pretty cool!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A friend's son had a balloon business some years ago and one landed in a neighbor's yard. Then there was the morning I was half asleep and they activated the burner as they flew over our house. That got me out of bed fast!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Going Nova

I've been wanting to do that! Do you have any photos?

Did you get to eat while you were up there?
i haven't figured out how to post pics yet, sorry. i'll figure it out.
no, we didn't eat up there. there was 8 of us and the flight lasted about 1hr. they had a continental breakfast after and were serving mimosas.
the flight we took was $280 for both of us. there is a 'sweetheart' flight for just 2 people and that ran about $500. you get to eat and drink champagne while up. but it sure was a lot of fun.i was thinking this is like a live google earth map

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by goonie

i haven't figured out how to post pics yet, sorry. i'll figure it out.
no, we didn't eat up there. there was 8 of us and the flight lasted about 1hr. they had a continental breakfast after and were serving mimosas.
the flight we took was $280 for both of us. there is a 'sweetheart' flight for just 2 people and that ran about $500. you get to eat and drink champagne while up. but it sure was a lot of fun.i was thinking this is like a live google earth map
The price doesn't sound bad. It isn't though we're going to take weekly or monthly balloon rides.
I will hint wildly to my boyfriend. I have it all planned out. He'll shell out the $500 and propose to me while we're up there.

Your balloon ride sounds like so much fun. I'm living vicariously through your post.

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Since you are out there in Temecula, you should check out the glider rides out in Warner Springs! I couldn't do a balloon, but i tried the glider ride and WHAT A RUSH!!!! I'm scared of heights so I was pretty tense the whole time. When I did it in '98, it was like $50 a person, I think....

http://www.skysailing.com/

On a side note, are you going to the 25th Anniv. Goonies celebration up here next year?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Whisky'sDad

Since you are out there in Temecula, you should check out the glider rides out in Warner Springs! I couldn't do a balloon, but i tried the glider ride and WHAT A RUSH!!!! I'm scared of heights so I was pretty tense the whole time. When I did it in '98, it was like $50 a person, I think....

http://www.skysailing.com/

On a side note, are you going to the 25th Anniv. Goonies celebration up here next year?
thanks for the tip on skysailing. maybe try that next year.
sorry, i'm not coming to the Goonie celebration. that's the name of one of my cats

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right On! Balloon rides are so much fun!

I used to crew for the WWJD balloon out of Grants Pass, OR. I also crewed for the Arky balloon once.