TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › balloon ride
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

balloon ride

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
DH and i went on a balloon ride this morning in Temecula. it was awesome. i didn't realize we had taken off till i looked down. it is really a very smooth ride. it was a little strange to be looking down on birds in flight. but it was a lot of fun.
post #2 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonie View Post
DH and i went on a balloon ride this morning in Temecula. it was awesome. i didn't realize we had taken off till i looked down. it is really a very smooth ride. it was a little strange to be looking down on birds in flight. but it was a lot of fun.
I've been wanting to do that! Do you have any photos?
Did you get to eat while you were up there?
post #3 of 19
Sounds like a very fun way to spend the day...
post #4 of 19
I really wish I was brave enough to do that! I am terrified of heights, and my son was nearly killed in a balloon accident a few years ago. But other than that I'd love it! I'm jealous.
post #5 of 19
Isn't it fun? We went a few years ago, and I didn't realise we'd taken off either! It really is so smooth and quiet. The only noise is when they fire up the burner. We had a champagne breakfast after. Really neat experience!
post #6 of 19
How cool! Any piccies?
post #7 of 19
We have talked about taking one over Napa or Sonoma.
I hope you had fun.
post #8 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mews2much View Post
We have talked about taking one over Napa or Sonoma.
I hope you had fun.
You should definitely do it!
post #9 of 19
I would love to do this one day!
post #10 of 19
A couple/three years ago a balloon came down in the field behind our neighbors house. We all ran out and took pictures of the landing and the flyover the house. The operator let us take turns going up while the balloon was thethered to the ground.

Pretty cool!!
post #11 of 19
A friend's son had a balloon business some years ago and one landed in a neighbor's yard. Then there was the morning I was half asleep and they activated the burner as they flew over our house. That got me out of bed fast!
post #12 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Nova View Post
I've been wanting to do that! Do you have any photos?
Did you get to eat while you were up there?
i haven't figured out how to post pics yet, sorry. i'll figure it out.
no, we didn't eat up there. there was 8 of us and the flight lasted about 1hr. they had a continental breakfast after and were serving mimosas.
the flight we took was $280 for both of us. there is a 'sweetheart' flight for just 2 people and that ran about $500. you get to eat and drink champagne while up. but it sure was a lot of fun.i was thinking this is like a live google earth map
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonie View Post
i haven't figured out how to post pics yet, sorry. i'll figure it out.
no, we didn't eat up there. there was 8 of us and the flight lasted about 1hr. they had a continental breakfast after and were serving mimosas.
the flight we took was $280 for both of us. there is a 'sweetheart' flight for just 2 people and that ran about $500. you get to eat and drink champagne while up. but it sure was a lot of fun.i was thinking this is like a live google earth map
The price doesn't sound bad. It isn't though we're going to take weekly or monthly balloon rides. I will hint wildly to my boyfriend. I have it all planned out. He'll shell out the $500 and propose to me while we're up there.

Your balloon ride sounds like so much fun. I'm living vicariously through your post.
post #14 of 19
Since you are out there in Temecula, you should check out the glider rides out in Warner Springs! I couldn't do a balloon, but i tried the glider ride and WHAT A RUSH!!!! I'm scared of heights so I was pretty tense the whole time. When I did it in '98, it was like $50 a person, I think....

http://www.skysailing.com/

On a side note, are you going to the 25th Anniv. Goonies celebration up here next year?
post #15 of 19
That sounds like so much fun! I've always wanted to go on one but they're sooooo expensive here! Did you get pictures?!
post #16 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky'sDad View Post
Since you are out there in Temecula, you should check out the glider rides out in Warner Springs! I couldn't do a balloon, but i tried the glider ride and WHAT A RUSH!!!! I'm scared of heights so I was pretty tense the whole time. When I did it in '98, it was like $50 a person, I think....

http://www.skysailing.com/

On a side note, are you going to the 25th Anniv. Goonies celebration up here next year?
thanks for the tip on skysailing. maybe try that next year.
sorry, i'm not coming to the Goonie celebration. that's the name of one of my cats
post #17 of 19
Sounds like FUN!!! Hope to see some pics soon
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Nova View Post
I've been wanting to do that! Do you have any photos?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
How cool! Any piccies?
..

Can´t imagine the Sensation my friend!...
post #19 of 19
Right On! Balloon rides are so much fun!

I used to crew for the WWJD balloon out of Grants Pass, OR. I also crewed for the Arky balloon once.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › balloon ride