For you snake lovers!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw this at work, just outside the dispatch office, by the sidewalk.

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
eewwww!

Snakes and alligators make good boots, belts and purses. Other than that, I have no use for them! The only good snake is a dead snake! The one in this picture is still alive, and probably close! Be careful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Actually, that would make a good belt or something, because it's only the skin.

However, I ***THINK*** it's a rattlesnake, and good-sized one, so I'm not pleased to see it that close to where I might have walked in the dark.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dusty's Mom

eewwww!

Snakes and alligators make good boots, belts and purses. Other than that, I have no use for them! The only good snake is a dead snake! The one in this picture is still alive, and probably close! Be careful.
Sorry, those are fighting words. I better get out of this thread now before I say bad things

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

To each his own!
Ok back in.
You advocate the killing of animals you deem "yucky"
For cosmetic reasons. Nice and pretty on your feet and holding your stuff in a skin handbag. Nice.
How about cat bags? I have met some I dont like, skin them, make me a handbag, a fancy throw, now, go get those cats!
Insane, of course! but snakes, and other reptiles, fair game.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is a bunch of construction going on just outside our property, and I suspect it's driven any number of wild animals into our area. Snakes especially.

I have never killed a snake, even a poisonous one. I even stopped a few weeks ago to help one get safely across a road.

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

Ok back in.
You advocate the killing of animals you deem "yucky"
For cosmetic reasons. Nice and pretty on your feet and holding your stuff in a skin handbag. Nice.
How about cat bags? I have met some I dont like, skin them, make me a handbag, a fancy throw, now, go get those cats!
Insane, of course! but snakes, and other reptiles, fair game.
You don't recognize sarcasm when you read it? What a shame!

I have never killed a snake, nor would I unless I felt threatened by one. But I clearly prefer my pets to be furry! And yes, some snakes need to be eliminated like the Burmese Pythons that are taking over Florida and endangering the native species, not to mention dogs, cats and small children!

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You don't recognize sarcasm when you read it? What a shame!

I have never killed a snake, nor would I unless I felt threatened by one. But I clearly prefer my pets to be furry! And yes, some snakes need to be eliminated like the Burmese Pythons that are taking over Florida and endangering the native species, not to mention dogs, cats and small children!
Burmese Pyhons are taking over Florida? Is there a problem with pets being released? that would be bad
A burmese will not take down a dog, a cat, or a small child. (Way to big for the snake to ingest, and all would fight) Learn snakes. You will not be afraid.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol that skin would freak me out! I've seen worse though- when the skin deteriorates and only the scales are left!! So gross..
Lol but it's still better than when my hermit crab molted and I was just about to mourn his death because the exoskeleton looked exactly like him lmao. I thought he had died and came out of his shell...Then I was freaked out when I saw him move around again I was like oh no I've seen a ghost.. but I was glad I didn't have to part with him

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

Burmese Pyhons are taking over Florida? Is there a problem with pets being released? that would be bad
A burmese will not take down a dog, a cat, or a small child. (Way to big for the snake to ingest, and all would fight) Learn snakes. You will not be afraid.
Yes, they are, and there are bounties on them, or so I hear. It is crazy because Florida allows them to be sold as pets, and when they get too big for the owners to contain and feed, they release them in the Everglades, and sometimes they don't bother to drive that far.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...vespecies.html

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0520131750.htm

And if a python can eat an alligator, it can surely devour cats, dogs and small children!

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...eatsgator.html

ETA: Only a few weeks ago a 10 ft. Burmese killed a 2 year old child sleeping in her bed. These animals can get up to 25 ft. and weigh well over 200 lbs - large enough to do serious damage to other pets AND children. http://law.rightpundits.com/?p=590

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Actually, that would make a good belt or something, because it's only the skin.

However, I ***THINK*** it's a rattlesnake, and good-sized one, so I'm not pleased to see it that close to where I might have walked in the dark.
It looks like a rattlesnake to me too, and a big one at that. This must be one of the reasons Texans like their boots! We have rattlers here in CA too, but mostly in the foothills. I haven't heard of any around town.

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I myself am not a great snake lover. I have rats. Us snake and rat people get allong like oil and water. But having said that, I respect anyones love for animals. Peace.

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am very scared of snakes as well but I would sooner avoid one than kill it.

I must admit they are very fascinating, and even I was caught playing with my dad's Ball Python on occasion. I'd never reach into his tank though, I'd always let someone hand him to me.

Anything bigger than that though... No way.

Even if a child (or in some cases a full grown man) is too large for a snake to eat, that doesn't mean that the snake is automatically not a deadly predator. They are designed for killing.

As in so many strangulation cases where people are exposed to large constrictors especially. They aren't eaten, but they are squeezed to death.

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekomania

Even if a child (or in some cases a full grown man) is too large for a snake to eat, that doesn't mean that the snake is automatically not a deadly predator. They are designed for killing.

As in so many strangulation cases where people are exposed to large constrictors especially. They aren't eaten, but they are squeezed to death.
Yep! All you need to do is google snakes killing people and you will get more hits than you can read. That's how I learn about snakes! Google is my friend!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not afraid of snakes but know to stay away from the poisonous ones. I grew up with 2 older brothers so snakes and lizards do not scare me. I actually love holding a snake. I like the way it feels.