Who else is showing August?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This coming weekend (Aug 1/2) we will be showing Jack in his first adult alter classes! We'll have a lot of competition to overcome - 35 listed in the alter classes! This is ACFA. His September first adult alter show will be end of September and its CFA.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope Jack does well at both shows.
Cleo's next shows after August are Sept 6th CFA 6 ring Show and the October 2-4 TICA show.
That will be her firt TICA show.
Do you like CFA or AFCA better?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ACFA - is much more friendly then CFA. Have always shown in both associations and most of my cats are Grand Champions in both associations (Charlie was 9 pts short of being Grand Premier in CFA).

ACFA tends to go more out of their way to help newcomers.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I noticed some breeders only have ACFA on thier sites.
People are telling me the people in TICA are more friendly then CFA also.
To bad Charlie missed being a Grand Premeir in CFA.
Cleo has no Grand Points yet because she did not have her Winners Ribbons.
Its t bad points only count after they have the Winners Ribbons.
CFA never did get me a Mentor and sent a letter they were looking for on still a month ago.
I do not need help in CFA anymore.
I want help when I show for the first time in TICA though.
I might be showing 3 cats the first time.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just at the one show in August. It's one of my club's own shows, Hutt Feline on the 15th Aug. Nana & I are both judging at it so I can only enter in 2 rings because of that I'm just taking Double Grand Champion Captivating Sweet Escape [Fluffy!]

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If someone buys a cat from a judge and they are judging do they still judge the cat that came from them?
Anyone know the anwer to that?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are doing 2 shows in August, one is my club.

Originally Posted by mews2much

If someone buys a cat from a judge and they are judging do they still judge the cat that came from them?
A friend of mine judges, she will not judge her own breeding even when owned by someone else.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you buy a cat from any judge, that cat can't be shown in that judge's ring - ever (CFA & ACFA rules - don't know if TICA is the same).

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will be showing Keira on August 1st/2nd for TICA in Wichita Falls, TX! This will be her second show, but first show that is 2 days. I'm hoping she will behave better this time. We are leaving on friday to drive up there so that I can get settled in.

She got her bath yesterday!
She absolutely hated it with a passion. She did well in her first show so I hope that she will do well in this one. I don't know how many cats are entered yet.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll be showing Kuura August 2nd and 23rd, both are FifÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] shows. It's Kuura's first time in class 7 (where you collect CACIB cerificates for the International Champion title).
Next sunday it'll also be the first time Kuura is judged by a Finnish judge. There will be 32 other BSHs in the show so I'll have lots of kitties to drool on..

We haven't been in a show since October so I'm very excited and nervous already.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Here in my cat fancy - the NZCF we are allowed to judge our own breeding.

In my 5 judging assignments I've only ever judged a kitten I've bred once. I was a lot harsher on him and although he won Best kittens in some of the other rings, I placed him fourth. I don't like judging my own breeding though, it makes it a lot harder. I've judged more cats that my Nana has bred and I don't find that a problem since we live 25 mins away from each other and she has never been in to my house anyway (big stair case).

Up until last year we were allowed to judge each others cats then the cat fancy made a rule that we weren't allowed to. Even though we're not related by blood. So we're having a problem at the moment with what constitutes a family? The rule says you aren't allowed to judge family members cats. I can understand that if you live together or are of immediate family then yes I agree but what about a distant relative or something close to you that may be like family? (Like my Nana).

It's real funny because when Nana & I could judge each others cats we were a lot harder on each other and often p***ed each other off because we had dumped each others cats.

You wanted a short answer to that I bet?

On the other side of the scale I've seen judges come over from Aussie and only put cats up that remotely look like their stock.

Also what's the difference between judging a cat/kitten you may have bred compared to judging 8 times in a year (the appointments I have) and seeing the same cats EVERY show. Yes NZ is a small country and it's very rare from about July to see a cat/kitten you haven't seen during the year.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also I forgot one August show - it's this Saturday & Sunday. Nana & I are heading down to Christchurch again and we're judging the Pet Expo show. The crowds should be huge and they specifically chose us because we can handle the crowds and like to talk.

I'm taking Mrs. Fluffy Pants for 3 rings

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the answer Sam.
One of the breeders my sister wrote about a kitten is a CFA judge.
That is why I was asking that question.
Alo Cleo came from a TICA judge.