NW TICA show results for us

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, we JUST got back home from the cat show today after a 5 hr drive and I just had to post the results to you all.

The girls did so well for their first time, and I couldn't be happier with their behaviour during the whole thing. The first ring was a little overwhelming for them, but neither of them bit or hissed or scratched.

Because there were only 2 other sphynx in the show, we had great results. The other two were experienced in the showhall, one of them a QGC.

My girls split 7 rings between themselves getting firsts and seconds 5 out of 7 rings, but always in the top 3, never in last place which of course they didn't have because of the numbers. Much to my surprise, my Maddie finaled and so now she is a CHAMPION!!!!! She placed 9th out of 39 Allbreed cats. OMG, how exciting is that for a first timer and what an experience the show was. I was benched beside the other sphynx breeder/exhibitor so she taught me so much and helped me with the keeping track of the rings and positions.

I had so much fun that I didn't even shop in the vendors area!!! Next show I am going to do that, but wow, you are kept so busy when showing.

I have a picture with the judge who finaled her and he had such nice things to say about her. He said that in his opinion, she was the BEST SPHYNX. I was so thrilled and he asked me to get my camera for a picture with him. I was completely honored. I don't look all that great in the pic and I was beaming with pride like a 5 yr old who just won candy!!!

We are going to our next show at the end of October to compete again and will be bringing our stud Monty to show for his first time.

Thank all of you for your support and I'm sure I will be asking questions from all the stuff I learned today. I am in information overload LOL

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow that is great!!!!
I am happy for you.
I will be howing in TICA in October for the first time.
That is a great picture also.
Do you know who the judges were?
I heard there will be a lot of sphynx at the TICA show here.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations
Well done to Maddie.

Glad you enjoyed yourself and had a nice day. Good luck for the next show

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!

That is an excellent photo. You will treasure it forever.

I'm so happy for you. A nicer person couldn't deserve to do better!

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by skewch

Well, we JUST got back home from the cat show today after a 5 hr drive and I just had to post the results to you all.

The girls did so well for their first time, and I couldn't be happier with their behaviour during the whole thing. The first ring was a little overwhelming for them, but neither of them bit or hissed or scratched.

Because there were only 2 other sphynx in the show, we had great results. The other two were experienced in the showhall, one of them a QGC.

My girls split 7 rings between themselves getting firsts and seconds 5 out of 7 rings, but always in the top 3, never in last place which of course they didn't have because of the numbers. Much to my surprise, my Maddie finaled and so now she is a CHAMPION!!!!! She placed 9th out of 39 Allbreed cats. OMG, how exciting is that for a first timer and what an experience the show was. I was benched beside the other sphynx breeder/exhibitor so she taught me so much and helped me with the keeping track of the rings and positions.

I had so much fun that I didn't even shop in the vendors area!!! Next show I am going to do that, but wow, you are kept so busy when showing.

I have a picture with the judge who finaled her and he had such nice things to say about her. He said that in his opinion, she was the BEST SPHYNX. I was so thrilled and he asked me to get my camera for a picture with him. I was completely honored. I don't look all that great in the pic and I was beaming with pride like a 5 yr old who just won candy!!!

We are going to our next show at the end of October to compete again and will be bringing our stud Monty to show for his first time.

Thank all of you for your support and I'm sure I will be asking questions from all the stuff I learned today. I am in information overload LOL
I've seen him before. He is Bill Lee. He's judged Luna before when she used to like showing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all of the nice compliments everyone!!! My internet isn't working right now and hasn't all day so we just figured out how to connect through our laptops with someone elses open wireless . Anyways, I just wanted to thank everyone and not have it seem like I was ignoring everyone.

I've been beaming all day again, I still can't believe it.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Starfish

I've seen him before. He is Bill Lee. He's judged Luna before when she used to like showing.
Yes that's Bill....what a sweet man he was. He was so generous with his kind words.

I hope there is another like him at the next show!!!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I told Carlee and Jeanette from the sphynx group how well your girls did.
They are happy for you.
Does anyone know who these judges are?
I have no clue.
This is for teh October TICA show.

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Karen McInchak

Bobbie Tullo

Carol Barton
Roslyn Allen

Alice Rhea

Edith Mary Smith

Linda Kay Ashley
Christina Unangst

Fate Mays

Al Walbrun

Harley DeVilbiss

Pascale Portelas

Laurie Schiff

Heather Roberts

Laura Cunningham

Jeff Roberts

Alex Chisholm

Jay Bangle (SP)

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Jacky, none of the names are familiar to me, but I don't know many just the ones from the show I was at.

Thanks for informing the girls on the list about the show. I can't wait for the next one when Monty can show off his stuff.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes it will be a TICA show as well. I have yet to see a CFA show in Western Canada listed on their site.

I really thought the way the show was run was good. I haven't registered my cats with CFA yet, but I have a registered cattery with both associations.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was told if a TICA and CFA how are on the same day to go to the TICA show instead.
They say TICA is more fun.
I guess I will find out in October.
This is Cleo's first TICA show.
There is a cage decorating contest and costume contest.
I am going to decorate and bring a costume for Cleo.
http://www.jazzycatshows.com/halloween.htm
I heard they do not annouce finals in TICA like CFA.
CFA calls the cats on the loud speaker.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The way it went for us was when finals were announced, they said to go check a certain ring for your cat's number and take your cat to the ring and put in the cage where their number is on top. Then the judge stands at the front and goes from the 10th place and discusses each cat and why they have chosen the cat for the final. They end up with 1st placement at the end.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That should be easy then.
In CFA they call the numbers for the finals then you put the cat in the cage with the number.
The judges did the finals in 2 parts at the last CFA show.
Cat 8-10 were first.
Then 7-1 were 2nd.
The judges also said why each cat made the finals and what makes them show quality.
Kim signed the ribbon also which was nice.
I wonder how Cleo will do in TICA?

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, if Cleo finaled in CFA, I would imagine she will in TICA as well. I guess too, it all depends on how many other sphynx she will be up against. This is all very new yet for me, so I have no idea LOL.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I told Carlee and Jeanette from the sphynx group how well your girls did.
They are happy for you.
Does anyone know who these judges are?
I have no clue.
This is for teh October TICA show.

Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Karen McInchak
Bobbie Tullo
Carol Barton
Roslyn Allen

Alice Rhea
Edith Mary Smith
Linda Kay Ashley
Christina Unangst

Fate Mays
Al Walbrun
Harley DeVilbiss
Pascale Portelas
Laurie Schiff
Heather Roberts
Laura Cunningham
Jeff Roberts
Alex Chisholm
Jay Bangle (SP)
Hi Jacky,

I know Edith Mary Smith, Al Walbrun, Harley DeVilbiss, Heather Roberts, Laura Cunningham & Jeff Roberts

The only one I can remember meeting is Harley - we worked together at the 2008 NZCF National. He was great to work with and was just wonderful with the cats. He is a BSH breeder.

We have Laura Cunningham coming to NZ in September!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can always google, Jacky!
I always google judges and find photos of them or their past show results or sometimes I find a little spiel about them!