Pandy needs vibes

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll try to keep this as brief as possible:

Pandora is the kitty I've had the longest at this point and is also the sister Of Antigone who I lost last August. She is also the main reason why Eileen and I became friends, so she has a very special place in my heart

Wednesday evening I noticed she was camping out in my coffee table, it's a chest-like one, and the cats like to go in there and hide. I figured maybe Apollo had been harassing her that day so she just needed alone time. Well, Thursday she was still under there and I pulled her out cause her behavior seemed a little strange and when she got out I realized that she could not really control her motor functions. Off to the vet we go. She has an inner ear infection and the vet surmised that this could be effecting her equilibrium, so gave her a steroid shot and an anti-biotoic injection as well as giving me ear drops for her. Fast forward to today and she is still not improved very much. It seems that she cannot control her back end for the most part. She is also not interested in food- I've been hand-feeding her and she takes a couple bites and then turns away.

I'm very afraid she has had a stroke
The poor baby is so confused, I can see it on her face. All she wants me to do is hold her, which I have been doing most of the day, and if she is not on my lap she is under the couch. So, she needs vibes that if this is an ear infection it clears up soon, like now soon, and if it isn't an ear infection then I don't know what I am going to do

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh no!
Sending lots of healthy healing vibes for Pandy and some calming ones for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Oh no!
Sending lots of healthy healing vibes for Pandy and some calming ones for you.
Thank you, Karen
Originally Posted by mews2much

It sounds like what Stripe did hen she had a stroke.
Prayers for her to be ok.
How old is she?
Thanks, Jacky- she is only 3.5 years old, but she is leukemia positive, not that that may have anything to do with this

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots and lots of vibes being sent all surrounded by white healing light for sweet Pandy.

Lots and lots of
for you as well.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Katie, I hope it is just an ear infection and can be cured quickly. Lots of for Pandy.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mega for Pandy! Hopefully it's just an ear infection (bad enough) that will clear up within a few days. Poor baby.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
loads of vibes coming from here for it to just be a bad ear infection and it clears up soon.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no!! Sending mega vibes to Pandy!!

Katie - I've seen strokes in both cats and dogs and it honestly doesn't sound like what Pandy had. An ear infection will throw off their entire equilibrium, which can completely scare them and cause difficulty moving. A stroke tends to weaken one side of their body more so than the other, and its usually left/right, not front/back. They do get very scared and clingy after a stroke, but that is where the similiarities end. Don't cross it off the list, but keep it very low.