Pushing water bowls

tdonline

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My favorite brat has been pushing/shoving/whacking the water bowls around for the past week. I can't figure out why she's taken on this new hobby. Bowls and location of them haven't changed. Just bored?

BTW, as far as I can tell the cats do not drink from the bowls anymore since I started feeding them primarily wet food. They eat twice a day and each time I add 2-3 tablespoons of water to the food. Since they no longer drink from the bowls, could it be that the brat now sees them as toys?

aileen06

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The best thing is to get a large ceramic dog dish, the kind thats wide at the bottom and gets smaller towards the top. Dog dishes are bigger and heavier and can't be moved around as easy.

cjh27

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Jupp,

your cats found a new toy

I'd suggest getting a cat fountain that will supply them with a constant source of running water- but not enough for a decent splash.

The Lucky Kitty Ceramic Drinking Fountain fountain seems to be very good, have a look at it so you get an idea of what I'm talking about:

http://www.zooplus.com/shop/dogs/dog...untains/146307

regards,

christine

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Molly used to do that too. She would pick it up with her teeth and spill the water everywhere.

We got a bowl stand with 2 heavy bowls...ruins her fun but keeps our floors dry

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Aileen06

The best thing is to get a large ceramic dog dish, the kind thats wide at the bottom and gets smaller towards the top. Dog dishes are bigger and heavier and can't be moved around as easy.
I had one and Aristotle would drag it around by pulling on the mat underneath or poking his paw into the square hole on the side.

I moved it to the counter by the sink and placed a smaller one on the mat for Topaz. So far, so good.

srrh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Fiona tends to move her water bowl around.. but very daintily, because she never splashes or makes a mess! She also does it in secret, because we see the evidence of the bowl being moved, but never see her in action. Maybe it's a ghost

princess79

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
LOL. I thought my cat was the only one that had this horrible habit! I've tried everything to get him to stop but nothing so far.
My cat is a big boy and really strong, he can move heavy ceramics off mats, he's been able to move the dble bowls with legs, all I can say is that waking up to puddles in my kitchen is not fun so I totally understand. I want to get another fountain but I have hard water(really hard) and it has clogged and damaged 2 fountain pumps already!
You could alway glue the bowl to the floor.LOL.