TV dating show coming soon.. More to Love

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you guys like the Bachelor and Bachelorette shows like I do, then I just wanted to make sure you know about the new one starting this Tuesday night, More to Love. It's finally about real women, not the model type. They are pudgy women who are looking for love and men who like them that way!

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is it going to be chubby men being set up with chubby women though? That seems a bit demeaning to me.

I'd like to see average men being set up with average women (all shapes and sizes).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zoeysmom

Is it going to be chubby men being set up with chubby women though? That seems a bit demeaning to me.

I'd like to see average men being set up with average women (all shapes and sizes).
From what I understand it's a chubby guy who likes chubby women and vise versa.....nothing demeaning I hope.

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That show to me seems a bit demeaning.

What it says to me is that pudgier women are only worth pudgier men and that is all they can ever hope to achieve.

I'm all for putting "real" women on TV, but lets face it... "real" women get with hot sexy military men all the time, and not just your fat average joe.

They are demeaning to bigger women on TV all the time, and it sickens me. It's only reinforcing the younger generation into starving themselves senseless to look like that anorexic girl on the cover of some magazine.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with Nekomania about it being demeaning to women- as soon as I saw the little preview during commercials I found it so odd that we need to have separate shows for real women and then the model type..It feels like segregation...And it only makes things worse because it reinforces the idea that a guy is going to go for a bigger girl only if he is into that type- not because he sees something different in her personality that he likes or for who she is. I mean why else would they have a show where every single girl is plus sized?
And I always wondered why every single girl on the Bachelor had nice proportions and was fairly pretty..They must be really selective in choosing the girls based on how they look which I find pretty sad.

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Based on what I saw from the commercials it appears that every girl on this new show is sporting some very good curves as well.

Which also makes me sad because that's only sort of real...but I think they should have included at least the three basic body types of bigger women.

We don't all have beautiful wonderful hourglass figures here!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As a girl with some curves myself, I don't find this show demeaning at all, they have a guy who likes girls with curves and they are giving him a bevy of beautiful women to pick from

Now, I watch these shows, but I hate them if that makes sense
I think a person must be crazy to want to be on these shows and go thru the rollercoaster and potential heartbreak of it all.....but I keep watching

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

As a girl with some curves myself, I don't find this show demeaning at all, they have a guy who likes girls with curves and they are giving him a bevy of beautiful women to pick from

Now, I watch these shows, but I hate them if that makes sense
I think a person must be crazy to want to be on these shows and go thru the rollercoaster and potential heartbreak of it all.....but I keep watching
My thoughts exactly Katie.......

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we have the same timezone (Indiana and Ohio) so that's good. I'll see if I can figure out what channel it is on before Tuesday.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate shows that segregate body types. A person is a person regardless of their size or shape.

When I first heard about this show I thought it was going to be some skinny dude who had a "fat fetish" which makes the whole thing sexual. Now I find out it's a fat dude looking for a fat chick!

And what happens if the woman ultimately decides to lose weight? Is he going to dump her because she's not fat anymore?

Why must a fat guy be paired with a fat girl? Why can't a fat girl get a man who is deemed "prince charming" in society, or vice versa?

Shows like this are so wrong on so many levels. I won't be watching.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I hate shows that segregate body types. A person is a person regardless of their size or shape.

When I first heard about this show I thought it was going to be some skinny dude who had a "fat fetish" which makes the whole thing sexual. Now I find out it's a fat dude looking for a fat chick!

And what happens if the woman ultimately decides to lose weight? Is he going to dump her because she's not fat anymore?

Why must a fat guy be paired with a fat girl? Why can't a fat girl get a man who is deemed "prince charming" in society, or vice versa?

Shows like this are so wrong on so many levels. I won't be watching.

I feel the same way!
I think it's just as demeaning for men though because the fat guy has to choose from fat girls which automatically means he can't get a model type girl. It sickens me this show is even on! I would accept it if it had women who are at all weights ranging from skinny to big...but this is horrible..
And besides, why they call them "real every day people" I don't know- because in the real world you don't see 100% overweight people. You see people of all shapes and sizes.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't watch the bachelor. I watched the first season and the Bachelorette with Trista and than it got old real fast. So I am not a huge fan of these shows anyhow.

I am a fatty.
I also like people of all sorts. But unfortunately not all people are like this. The thing that irks me is that just because this guy is big doesn't mean he automatically likes bigger women. I've met plenty of men "in my league" who want a model and i've met some really fit attractive men who don't care about my size. It just depends. The fact that the guy is a bigger guy doesn't bother me.

The thing that does bother me about this show is I know most of the women are gonna be praising that man for liking big women. Like its something remarkable. It is going to be painful to watch I can tell you that much. But I will watch. I may be pleasantly suprised. Doubtful.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only reality shows I have ever liked were The Ozbournes and Gene Simmon's Family Jewels.
The looking-for-love shows are just pathetic.