Whoa, Meowmy, what is that?

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The other day I had a coupon for the new Friskies Indoor Selects, and decided to buy some for my 3 musketeers just to change up thier rotation a bit. This morning I opened the Beef and Barley flavor, and noticed that it smelled alot different than any other food they've had before, I guess because of the barley. Well, I wasn't the only one who noticed!

Maggie was the first one to get to her bowl, and she literally jumped backward like cats do when they are startled by something. Then Max and Molly did the same thing. It was like they were saying, "Whoa, what's that stuff in my bowl?! It smells funky!"
I have never gotten a reaction like this from them with new food before, and I couldn't help but laugh because it was so comical! I was afraid they wouldn't like the new flavor after their crazy reaction, but after the initial shock, they each tried a few bites....and ended up licking their bowls clean! What good little kitties I have to try a "scary" new food and actually like it!

Have any of you ever had cats react in a similar way to a new food? I'd love to hear your stories!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know...I had kind of a reaction like that the first time someone put escargot or lobster in front of me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Shanynne

Rascal will paw all around the plate as if trying to bury it!
Well, that is actually what my 3 do when they are finished eating, but there are still little bits of food left in the bowls. They drive us crazy with their attempts to cover their leftovers!

samhainborn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My herd eat anything. And I do mean anything. I never have time to pick up anything I drop in the kitchen. If I'm in the there, everyone follows me waiting for choice morsels to hit the floor. It's a little funny to be chopping carrots with four sets of eyes tracking your hand movements. and if a chink happens to hit the floor it's devoured before anyone realizes "Hey, that wasn't chicken."