Ever seen a ship like this before?

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When we were in Konstanz (the town on Lake Constance on the Swiss/German/Austrian border) we saw this incredible ship. Being the Gadget Girl that I am, I stood for ages starting through the smoked glass windows of the Bridge at all the computer gadgetry up there

It is in fact a floating theatre/events venue that tours the towns on the lake:

Isn't it amazing!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That ship is amazing...
were the electronics as modern as the ship itself, Gadget Girl?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

That ship is amazing...
were the electronics as modern as the ship itself, Gadget Girl?
oooh yes
From what I could see all flat screen monitors, ultra slim computers, very sleek and minimalist Bridge - how I would have loved to have gotten on board and had a good nosey around the Bridge.

I had a real thing about ships, so a Ship with Gadgets
I'm not joking, I spotted her gorgeous profile from about a quarter of a mile away and dragged hubby across the harbour at such a rate of knots

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

wonderful!

I wonder how much cost to a little trip in that beauty!..
Rather than being a ship to cruise on this is a ship that can be hired out for events, so a motor company chose it to launch a new model of car for example.

Their website also shows is being used for conventions, conferences and theatrical performances like Operas or plays.

Amazing eh! Plus.....the whole of the top of the ship is a smooth deck where guests can mingle over a glass of wine etc
Not that I've spent much time pouring over their website or anything

Originally Posted by xocats

You are in love with a ship Beth.
ooops, I think you may be right

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is a cool looking ship. I wonder how it would fare on the open ocean when the weather flares up, she looks incredibly top heavy to me.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm. That's kind of ugly! It looks like they took a retired war ship and built those extra decks on top of it. IMHO the top is not congruent with the actual ship that is carrying it.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

That is a cool looking ship. I wonder how it would fare on the open ocean when the weather flares up, she looks incredibly top heavy to me.
It is very different and certainly makes a statement. In the photo that shows the front of the ship, if you look at the water line you can just see that the front of the ship below the water is actually quite a long way forward of the front above the water line. I would imagine that gives it more stability.

The lake itself is not that deep, and the ships that sail on it are more "barge-like" in that they tend to be shallow drafted. I don't think it would fare well on the open seas. Although it doesn't look as top heavy as some of the new jumbo-ised cruise liners that (to me) look terrible.

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Hmmm. That's kind of ugly! It looks like they took a retired war ship and built those extra decks on top of it. IMHO the top is not congruent with the actual ship that is carrying it.
It certainly isn't everybody's cup of tea and doesn't look anything like the gorgeous tall ships or schooners that are so graceful. But....for a modern ship has a real charm (for me).

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How different looking. It's too bad you didn't get a chance to get on it.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love it! Its so different and like you, I like gadgets!

I wonder if the future of boats will somewhat be like that? That would be so cool!