Daily Thread TGIF July 24th!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning cat folks!

It's ANOTHER rainy one today. I wonder where summer is..I wish it would come out and play.

Heading to work in a bit. Not sure what we are doing tonight..no real plans. We might go see DH's grandma in the hospital. She has been in there for months and the quacks keep screwing her up. She had a simple operation, and it wasn't done right. So now there are infections, leaks, abcess'..and its a terrible scene. She should have been there for a couple weeks.

Just packin' away here too since we are moving next month!

Anyhoo, have a good one folks!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's a sunny but breezy day here. Were supposed to get rain though so i hope the gardener gets here before it starts

Last day of my weeks holiday today, but i have an extra short week next week when i catch up with a couple of former work colleagues for lunch

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning!

We have very heavy rain here this morning.

My computer is in about 5 pieces right now while my husband upgrades it. I am on a fairly slow computer in the meantime.

My nieces are having a surprise 50th birthday party for my brother tonight. I've been busy with that for the past few days, I need to go out in a while to pick up some more things and may be going later to help them set up.

Have a great day everyone.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

DH's grandma in the hospital. She has been in there for months and the quacks keep screwing her up. She had a simple operation, and it wasn't done right. So now there are infections, leaks, abcess'..and its a terrible scene. She should have been there for a couple weeks.
for DH's grandma...that sounds awful.

Mornin folks.

Nothing much happening here today. I need to see if one of my neighbours has any gravol.
I used mine all up yesterday and am not able to make it to the store.

I think its gonna be another couch day if this nausea doesn't go away.

Happy Friday everyone.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello!!

Its partly sunny with hopefully a promise of rain later today. But I am continuing to water-part of the veg garden and my ornamental grass/daylily garden.

Bender is quite the thug this morning. He was outside and then took off across the road. Ever try to catch a cat in a cornfield?? So he is confined to quarters but just picked on Bobber so he is timed out in the garage.

Off to a clients house in about an hour. Had to write the big check for the wood chipper which really took a dent in the old business checking account-yikes!!

Then back working on my desktop trying to get the pictures back sorted out. Migh have to post some questions later on this though.

Not a very exciting day for sure.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning. *yawn* DS got up extra early today and I am beat. While he takes his short nap I am doing some laundry and the bills.

Looks like another humid rainy day. Don't mind the rain as much as the humidity.
Tomorrow we are going to my FIL's for a visit. They don't have A/C and it looks like it will be a hot one. Yikes.

Have a great weekend everyone.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Hello!!

Its partly sunny with hopefully a promise of rain later today. But I am continuing to water-part of the veg garden and my ornamental grass/daylily garden.

Gee Gail I would love to send some of our rain to you, I am getting quite sick of it myself, and according to the forecast this morning we still have 4 more days of it to come...

Morning All!!

As I said raining here again this morning and I was certainly feeling the effects of it when I first got up. Getting a bit more mobile now but it is taking some time this morning.

Nothing much planned for today, got all my running around done yesterday so will most likely just putter around the house today.

The kitties are good, they are having their mid-morning nap right now.

Everyone have a great day

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
well its mid afternoon here
and its sunny woohoo

although i did waste my morning in bed with the cats haha so saying that i couldnt really get out of bed with my back being bad and i havent even had a coffee yet neither

im considering going on a diet so im googling which one would be the best but i dont like these calorie counting ones and cant afford weight watchers hmm

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning!

Cloudy, cool and probably rain today again too!
Nice day to go and spend $500 on an air conditioner!

My cleaning girl comes today so I'm tidying up and putting things away. I'm leaving the actual cleaning for her, but I'm terrible with leaving things laying around. I probably would be able to do more of my own cleaning if I adopted the attitude of putting things back where they belong right after using it instead of having to spend a few hours doing that before getting to the actual cleaning.

My brother is picking me up in an hour and taking me to the bank and then to Orek so I can buy my air conditioner. I ordered it in May and it just arrived this week. Not the best day to go and buy an air conditioner considering it's cloudy and cool, but at least I'll have it here for when and if we ever get some warmer weather!

Have to do a load or 2 of laundry tonight because I'm back to work tomorrow. This one day off between working sucks! At the end of the day I don't feel like I've even had a day off.

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Looks like another hot day today. I'm hoping that I can catch some sun after work. The pool seems really nice at the moment. Not sure what my weekend plans are. As usual I'll probably wing it. I haven't been sleeping well so I'm looking forward to lots of naps

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning. TGIF, yeah!

I had a bit of a busy start at work today which is unusual for a Friday morning. I'm exhausted already now. I have a dr. appointment in about an hour for a follow-up from Tuesday. I don't know why I have to go back. Painful, swollen joints (especially fingers), the prednisone I got yesterday is helping a bit, blood tests came back ok, what's there to discuss? But i'll go... maybe try to determine if i'm allergic to something or whatnot. Blah.

Besides that, the rest of the workday should be easy-peasy, my one boss flew home to Utah this morning for a 3 day weekend (yes, she 'commutes' to Long Beach every week... don't ask) so it's just the big boss and me. And he knows i'm under the weather so won't expect much from me anyway, so to be honest I will take advantage of it.

Tonight I think BF and I should stay home and watch some DVDs to take advantage of what's left of our 2 free weeks of Netflix before we start paying.. Plus he was away for 3 days this week so I could go for a sofa-snuggle night.

Have a great Friday and weekend everyone!