Alice In Wonderland - Tim Burton

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I very recently found out Tim Burton is directing a version of Alice in Wonderlad!!!! Apprently he is holding true to the book, I CAN'T WAIT!!! It'll give me something to look forward to until the next Harry Potter comes out, since it comes out 3/5/10

Anyone else excited?

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love the works of TIM BURTON..

My favourite of all times from him are
- Beetle juice
-Batman
& A nigthmare before christmas...

Can´t be tired to see it many times...

I think it would be terrific work with Alice!..

The soundtrack should be make it by " ALICE IN CHAINS"..
.....LOL..

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH! That is going to be brilliant!! I can't WAIT to see it! I'm almost afraid to see his version of the Cheshire cat.
If he's sticking to the original book I'm guessing no Dee or Dum (they were in "Through the Looking Glass" but were incorporated in the Disney version)? I played Tweedle Dee in my Senior play and I kind of have a soft spot for him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

OH! That is going to be brilliant!! I can't WAIT to see it! I'm almost afraid to see his version of the Cheshire cat.
If he's sticking to the original book I'm guessing no Dee or Dum (they were in "Through the Looking Glass" but were incorporated in the Disney version)? I played Tweedle Dee in my Senior play and I kind of have a soft spot for him.
I believe its a combination between Alice in Wonderland AND Through the Looking Glass, if you google images will def see dee and dum!

I can't wait to see his jaborwakie (sp?)

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

did you imagine his version with the voice of Edward James Earl?...
My goodnees!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Funny you mentioned this today!

San Diego ComiCon is going on (biggest convention for all things sci-fi, comic, fantasy, etc. in the US), and Disney had their panel today (where they do presentations and Q&A's, stuff like that). They actually showed the first teaser-trailer for Alice in Wonderland there. Which was leaked shortly thereafter and taken down, but now that the Cheshire Cat is out of the bag it is now officially out by Disney!

http://wdmp-wdsmp.rd.llnw.net/wdsmp/...r1_cc_High.mov (It is in Quicktime, get it started and pause it so it can load up so you can watch it all at once.)

If the teaser is any indication, this is gonna be good! And if Tim Burton is really staying true to the novel...it should be really interesting, since the novels were basically good opium hallucinations!

Oh, and the best thing about the ComiCon...right after they premiered the teaser, the lights came up and there was Johnny Depp, in the flesh.
No one had any idea he was going to be there!

fairy_kitten

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I also love the work of Tim Burton,I absolutely love the movie The Nightmare before Christmas, it is one of my favorite movies
and also Tim Burton's Corpse Bride. I can't wait to see whathe does with Alice In wonderland, but I bet it will be amazing
Can't wait

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

HOLY CRAP! I found the trailer on youtube:
and I can't wait to see it! Based on the trailer though, you may not want to take children to see it......it's not the disney version from what I see.
Most of that particular trailor is from a VERY dark video game called Alice. The premise of the game is that Alice (and her stuffed white rabbit) is the sole survivor of a fire in her family home. The guilt sends her into a canatonic state for a number of years, which eventually ends after she battles her deamons in Wonderland. Very good story and graphics, I own the game, however, I lost my code so i can't load it onto my new comp

Heres a link to the wikipedia page on the game:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_McGee's_Alice

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry, I just did a seach on YouTube for Tim-Burton and Alice and Wonderland so I apologize if this isn't the real trailer for the movie...but WOW!!! (the link someone else posted didn't work for me)...so your kids may still be safe (but with Burton...who knows!)

But, I WANT THAT GAME!! It's just called Alice? Is there a lot of killing involved (because I usually end of dead
) or are there puzzles and clues and all that good stuff? More details please (PM me if you want because I don't want to highjack the thread).

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm sorry, I just did a seach on YouTube for Tim-Burton and Alice and Wonderland so I apologize if this isn't the real trailer for the movie...but WOW!!! (the link someone else posted didn't work for me)...so your kids may still be safe (but with Burton...who knows!)

But, I WANT THAT GAME!! It's just called Alice? Is there a lot of killing involved (because I usually end of dead
) or are there puzzles and clues and all that good stuff? More details please (PM me if you want because I don't want to highjack the thread).
I sent you a PM, its a shooter game, rather violent, but awsome!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I heard about this a few weeks ago and the rumour that Johnny Depp was probably going to be in it and that's all I needed to hear. I'll be in line to see it.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can I buy my tickets now?!

Tim Burton is fabulous; my first thought was "are Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter going to be in it". Saw the trailer, and was happy to see them.
I can't wait to see this!

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

Can I buy my tickets now?!
I can't wait for this movie. I'll most definately be seeing the midnight opening of this one.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw the pictures a few months ago and I am counting down the days! I love Johnny Depp! He always plays the dark and twisted characters and I think he will be an AMAZING Mad Hatter! I will definately be in line to see this