Daily Thread Thurs July 23rd

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning peeps!

It's going to be a little rainy again today..I have to go back again to the landlords office to give the rest of last months rent. I went to the bank machine to get money for the full amount, and the lovely new bank I switched too had a $500 limit on my withdrawals
Anyway, I called them last night and whined, and they raised it

Josh and I got into a new family doctor in the city and its right in my office building where I work!
So, we are going this morning for our first appointment. I am so thrilled..now we will have a family doctor for when we have kids. Its basically impossible to get one around here..most people go to clinics.

Anyhoo, thats my novel for the day. You all have a good one!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi there!!!
It was along night, and promising to be a long day!
I haven't slept as I have a migraine, and the medicine has loads of caffeine... To top if off,I have a job interview at 11 am, so I am not going to be able to sleep until then!
I also plan to finish up my cat wall!

I got some shelves, bought a strip of carpet, cut it up, and voila! A Cool, inexpensive cat wall! The top Shelf is 72" wide, and the other 4 shelves are a couple of feet wide... Once I finish placing the last shelf today, I promise to post pictures!
I am excited!!!

Right now I am watching CNN's Black in America, that I recorded earlier - it is a GREAT series!
Anyways, my days promises to be an interesting/great day, both for me and the kitties!!

petparent

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Didn't have a very good sleep last night as I pulled my back out last night. I woke up at 4am, because I accidentally pushed Oscar off the bed. Ker-plunk! is all I heard as he went to the ground. Poor guy. Then Licourice started gagging on the bed (she's never done that), and I thought she was going to be sick with a furball. I immediately put her on the floor, and she did her thing. Of course, then I had to get up to clean it. Thank god for hardwood! I went downstairs to the Kitchen/living room and fell asleep on the sofa for an hour. Now I'm up, to start the day at work. It's going to be a long day!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH my! Many aren't having a good start today. Maybe I should go back to bed.

DH just found out his company isn't giving step raises this year. We heard the city wasn't but he isn't really a city employee. yada yada Here we are and he isn't getting a raise.

Mom and I both dreamt about her friend who is dead. In my dream her friend wanted to meet the baby before she died. Her dream they went out for lunch with another friend(who is alive). It kinda freaks me out cause usually with mom's dreams that means someone is going to die.

Doing some laundry today. Mom is supposed to go food shopping. It's rainy and muggy again.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!!

Very damp here this morning. I woke up and went to turn over and it was
quite a chore everything was seized up...

After a very hot shower, some meds, and a cup of hot chocolate I am moving around a bit better now..

Have a few errands to run today, bank, drugstore, and a few groceries if I have the energy.
Other then that just a typical day of puttering at a few chores.

The kitties are not happy about the weather and are all under my comforter sleeping.

Everyone have a great day

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning! Cloudy and probably going to rain today.

By rights I should still be in bed sleeping! But I was jarred awake by the phone at 6 am! It was work asking if I would come in and work days today and also my evening shift this evening until 11:30 pm.

Since I'm off work tomorrow I might have done that, unfortunately I hadn't planned on working anything other than my evening shift today and didn't get to bed until around 4 am. So I told them that I could come in at 11:30 am and work until 11:30 am tonight: a 12 hour shift.

However, I haven't been able to fall back asleep and I know by this afternoon I'm going to be falling asleep on my feet and not be able to nap
So lots of coffee for me this afternoon!

I had to call payroll today because they missed paying me for a shift that I picked up on another ward on July 3rd which was supposed to be paid to me on July 10th, but it was missed. I gave them a one pay period grace period to pay me, but since they missed it this time again, I've asked them to cut me a cheque for the amount otherwise it will affect my next payroll. My next payroll already has some overtime on it and if I get paid for this missed shift on that one, I will lose much of it to taxes.

Anyway, back to bed to try and get in an hours sleep if I can before I have to get up and shower and get ready for work.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning went to bed late and wanted to sleep in. No luck my dog started barking at neighbors dogs trying to get into my garbage cans at 7:10.. Gloomy and rain later on today. I might try and mow before the rain starts. Not much planned for today.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning all.

Tis rainy and dreary here today..... I woke feeling ill (nauseous and just yucky) + my normal weather oriented increased pain level, so not much doing today.

Thankfully kendra didn't have to bbsit today, so she'll be able to take Kayleigh to her activity time at the library. Thank goodness, I felt awful for not being able to take her to it on Tues.... and didn't know what I was going to do today.

I'm going to hit the couch shortly..... the gravol seems to have helped for the nausea.

Have a good day folks.

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a discovery on the way home this morning that has changed my life, when I stepped into the little store where I stopped to fuel up the car.

Breakfast cookies!

Quaker actually makes breakfast cookies!

My life is forever altered.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Morning all.

Tis rainy and dreary here today..... I woke feeling ill (nauseous and just yucky) + my normal weather oriented increased pain level, so not much doing today.

Thankfully kendra didn't have to bbsit today, so she'll be able to take Kayleigh to her activity time at the library. Thank goodness, I felt awful for not being able to take her to it on Tues.... and didn't know what I was going to do today.

I'm going to hit the couch shortly..... the gravol seems to have helped for the nausea.

Have a good day folks.
Hope you are feeling better this evening, I know I was pretty stiff and sore when I first got up as well this morning. Lets keep our
that August turns out to be a much warmer drier month.
It sad to say but I am starting to look forward to winter arriving, for some reason the snow does not effect my joints the same way the rain does so I actually feel better through the colder months....GO FIGURE.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello All!!

Out in the garden early to pick my basil then some raspberries and some deadheading/weeding before work.

Stopped at one clients house not home (grrr) then another to drop off some baked good from work before heading home to continue the task of bringing my desktop back to the way it was. Lots of work left-mainly with the images that were recovered.

Supper was a salad, bread and cheetos for dessert!!

Was hoping for rain not going to happen today-hopefully tomorrow night.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Hope you are feeling better this evening, I know I was pretty stiff and sore when I first got up as well this morning. Lets keep our
that August turns out to be a much warmer drier month.
It sad to say but I am starting to look forward to winter arriving, for some reason the snow does not effect my joints the same way the rain does so I actually feel better through the colder months....GO FIGURE.
Honestly, I hate saying it too but..... I am looking forward to the cold too. At least then, the pressure stays relatively the same as opposed to the unstable systems right now

I am
everything I can cross, that August is better.... I'd really like to "enjoy" part of my summer.
(as I'm sure you would too)