How accepted is Natural Balance canned for cats

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok that titled does not make any sense. How widely do cats accept Natural Balance canned?

There is a feed store that moved locations into the city and I have been going there and getting the cats dry food there. Well I just found out that he will custom order some canned food for me. He would like it better if I bought by the case but because I have never tried Natural Balance before I thought a case might be over kill when I don't know if they will like it. So I will be getting a few cans Friday. I think the formula they are getting is the Tuna and Shrimp one.

I know that Ping likes Eagle Pack. I used to buy it before it started costing me to much to drive and get it and I could not do the shipping thing. So if they liked EP do you think they would like NB?

tdonline

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cats love NB limited ingredients duck and peas in cans. I haven't fed them NB recently because of quality control concerns. There was a thread about some NB cans that were POSSIBLY tainted. Possibly.

NB did respond to my inquiries and even sent me a voucher. But I'm going to hold off on cashing it in until I'm sure NB has addressed possible canning issues.

My cats also love NB dry and I still have it in the feeding rotation. Currently the cats are eating Innova but I will switch back to NB once the Innova runs out.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Charlie, Ling, and Jack will tell you its GREAT! They love the Venison & Green Pea the best!

They have a new one out Chicken & Green Pea. They get to try that one for Friday's supper

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitties have eaten it it and they adore it.

terryseal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cats love the Venison & Green Pea canned. One of the only non-fish flavored canned foods they'll eat. (Which is good... I'd rather not feed so much fish!)

-Terry

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TerrySeal

My cats love the Venison & Green Pea canned. One of the only non-fish flavored canned foods they'll eat. (Which is good... I'd rather not feed so much fish!)

-Terry
same here...

cattoys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cousins cat doesnt like it that much but my dog sometimes eat it... lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Natural Balance seemed to be a big hit here. I got two cans, two different flavors, and the gobbled it down. Only issues seems to be that NB does not come in 13 o.z. cans, 6 oz seems to be the biggest.

I am gonna see if the shop can order some of the big cans of Eagle Pack for me because I know Ping loved that when I use to feed it.

deljo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats like the Natural Balance Nutro in the pouch. I give it to them maybe every other day. They won't eat the canned or the dry. Fussy kitties.

catattack1985

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I fed canned (I now feed 100% raw), I fed a rotation of Wellness and Natural Balance.

I avoided the fishy flavors, and fed Chicken Liver & Pate, Ultra, Indoor, and Turkey Giblets. My cat loved them.

Be aware that NB contains grain -- except for their Limited Ingredient varities, made especially for allergen-prone cats.

automaton2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tdonline

My cats love NB limited ingredients duck and peas in cans. I haven't fed them NB recently because of quality control concerns. There was a thread about some NB cans that were POSSIBLY tainted. Possibly.

NB did respond to my inquiries and even sent me a voucher. But I'm going to hold off on cashing it in until I'm sure NB has addressed possible canning issues.

My cats also love NB dry and I still have it in the feeding rotation. Currently the cats are eating Innova but I will switch back to NB once the Innova runs out.
Hello,

Please know that we have not had any issues regarding mold in our products. We specifically had this batch tested for mold, and it came back negative and safe to feed. Furthermore, after looking into this matter, we have found the black specs on the food to be oxidized pea hulls. Again, all of our products are inspected from start to finish and are safe to feed.

Sincerely,

Kristi Choy, B.S.

Animal Nutrition

Natural Balance Pet Foods, Inc.