Meridian Bengals announcement

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, this announcement was made once before,
, but this time it is a done deal. We are officially and irrevocably closed. All of our breeder cats have been re-homed or been altered.
We have gone out of breeding with a bang, with our final litters being our best ever.
We will keep a total of 7 cats. 5 bengals of our breeding, our maine coon and our singapura.

Our 1,400 square foot, 2 story cattery will be utlilized for bengal rescue, on a limited basis. Limited, because Teri and I first want to do some traveling and vacationing. We have been deprived of that for 12 years. Breeding wonderful cats is always a trade off. You sacrifice most of your free time for the cats.

We are very much looking foward to this next chapter in our lives, while still maintaining our presence in the bengal world by rescuing those in need.

We do have a few retired cats still available to go as pets to the right home. If you're interested just PM me. The only charge to TCS members will be shipping costs to an approved home.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, both you and Teri have done a fabulous job with your cats Nial, so you both deserve some quality time now.

That's lovely that your going to help Bengals in their hour of need though

Let me know if you plan to visit England

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I must have missed the first announcement - I didn't know. It will be odd not having your breeding news of your wonderful cats, but life goes on and if you are happy with this enormous change in your lives, then go for it. I wish I lived closer - I have always wanted a Bengal. The very best of luck to you.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You guys have certainly done a wonderful job for the breed. Im sure you both are going to be missed tremendously, but you do deserve some time for yourselves, as well.
Good luck in this next chapter for you both!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Nial, I must have missed the first announcement. I'm sorry we won't be hearing about any more new spotted babies from you. On the other hand.
Have a great time traveling and catching up on all the other things you've put off for the last 12 years.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nial I must have missed the first annoucement also.
Thanks for helping me get Cleo and helping my sister find a Bengal breeder.
I have always loved how your Bengals looked.
I hope you have a great time traveling!!!!
I am sure I will ask you for advice when I start showing my sisters Bengal.
Good Luck with everything.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy and sad, but well deserved retirement. Nial, you and Teri have some of the best looking Bengals I've seen! The ones you are keeping - will they be shown in the alter classes?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So...Jack part Deux will come to live with me? I'll be right over!

Seriously, you and Teri deserve time with each other - have fun and enjoy yourselves with yourselves. You've both worked SO hard, it's definitely time for the two of you to get a chance to play.

Let me know if you ever need a cat sitter for a weekend if your SIL can't make it. I've got a roomie now, so I don't have any problems leaving mine for a few days if needed.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Nial and Teri would have to adopt you - cause you would not want to leave if you babysat their cats!
Oh, I think they already sort of adopted me - seeing as I live just a couple hours away and have two of their cats already!

I love visiting their house, and I am REALLY looking forward to meeting Firecracker!

By the way, how's he doing, Nial?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well deserved break. Enjoy your free time

Will you still be showing in alter class?

cattoys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I bet you will help a lot of pets in the future...

Good luck with your endeavor.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nial, I am also another one who missed that first announcement!
Wow - HAVE LOTS OF FUN!!!!!

You have wonderful cats, and I am sure are living a great legacy behind! Your work will live on the generations of Meridian Cats descendants!!

Congrats on this new chapter of your life!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bad news for the breed and the cat fancy
Your cats are very nice.
But understandable. I can't imagine finding a zoo keeper to leave for a trip
Enjoy yourself and the best to you guys and your cats.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Our 1,400 square foot, 2 story cattery will be utlilized for bengal rescue, on a limited basis. Limited, because Teri and I first want to do some traveling and vacationing.
on both points.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Best of luck and loads of fun await in your retirement from breeding!

Nial, you have been, and will continue to be, an amazing ambassador for Bengals and for Breeders everywhere. I'm thrilled that you will take your next step as ambassador for Bengals as a rescuer.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A well deserved break indeed! I don't know how you've done it this long...by the end of kitten season, I'm happy to see the last of my foster kittens go!

While I'll miss seeing pics of all your new babies, I can completely understand your decision.

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You've done SO much for the bengal breed and you really deserve your time travelling and vacationing.

Using your cattery for rescue later on is fantastic as well. Anyway, I'll miss seeing your fantastic kittens but I'm looking forward to seeing your cats
also enjoy your well deserved time off an have a fantastic time on your holiday.