Moving Day!!!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've alluded in other places around here, picture posts, Positive Post thread, etc... that I'm moving. This time, only across town. I moved here from Chicago three years ago. I was being priced out and bought out of my apartment (the buildings went condo). I lived just south of The Loop area, which is downtown. I loved it there, mind you.

Well, the place I ended up moving into here wasn't so great. I've posted in the past about gunshots, drug baggies, fights, etc, right outside my building... actually the drug baggies were dropped from two floors up into my patio... I saw them do it. After three years living in this place, it was time to get out.

I finally got on a wait list for a place down in the Pearl neighborhood. It's also restricted income, like where I am now... but it's more just adults, not a lot of kids. After three years of listening to screaming kids in the day care outside my windows ( I didn't pick which unit, from 2000 miles away), and other children dropping junk over the railings into my patio...

I picked up the keys yesterday and was moving a few small things last night. In two hours, my friends will be showing up and helping me haul most everything else. We'll have three pick up trucks, a minivan, and my SUV, plus a 10 foot Budget truck for six hours... I still don't have everything packed. Obviously my computer is still plugged in. I have dishes to do as well...

I had a heck of a time corralling JoJo to go into the bathroom. Jack I just picked up and put in there... he tried getting back out, but I didn't have to chase him all over the closed off living room to corral. I think I even came out unscathed. JoJo was hissing up a storm and growling at me. Mind you, we went to the V-E-T only two days ago... so she REALLY didn't want to be corralled.

So, now I can focus on cleaning up and packing stuff. I have until the 31st to clean up the place... most stuff will go today, but I know the tools and some things will wait. I'll bring the cats over tonight. I have free internet over in the new place, so once the computer goes over there, I'll be able to plug in and get back online. I still have to transfer everything else... and the numbers to do that are over there... go figure.

Well, I'm off to clean up and get things going... I wish I hadn't left the bandaids and deodorant in the main bathroom... with the cats... whoops.

And we're off!! Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

Amanda

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Good luck with the move Amanda..... I hope everything goes well.

and
again because I'm so happy you are moving

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good luck with your move!

We should send some good to each other, I'll be moving soon too and I'm sure I'll be posting about how hectic it's going to be!

Bean Bean is not going to be happy either, but mostly about the car ride.

Oh and living next to drug addicts is so fun isn't it? Right now me and my BF pretty much live in the ghetto and I swear at least one person in every house around us smokes pot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekomania

Oh and living next to drug addicts is so fun isn't it? Right now me and my BF pretty much live in the ghetto and I swear at least one person in every house around us smokes pot.
Oh yeah... not.

My dad has been teasing me since the area really starting showing its bad side. I'm a writer, so he says that I should appreciate living around so many 'characters' because they'll make good fodder for fictional characters...

Umm... yeah, Dad. Thanks. I think I've had enough 'fodder' for a lifetime. And Portland is FULL of characters... where do you think Chuck Palanhiuk got all of his crazy fictional people from? He lives in the area...

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

Oh yeah... not.

My dad has been teasing me since the area really starting showing its bad side. I'm a writer, so he says that I should appreciate living around so many 'characters' because they'll make good fodder for fictional characters...

Umm... yeah, Dad. Thanks. I think I've had enough 'fodder' for a lifetime. And Portland is FULL of characters... where do you think Chuck Palanhiuk got all of his crazy fictional people from? He lives in the area...
Do you live in Portland OR?
I hate going there simply because of all the "characters" that you can find just walking down the road!

I used to live in Portland, unfortunately (while my roommates were all potheads) they were anal uptight and conniving.
So I had to come back to mellow out in Vancouver.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekomania

Do you live in Portland OR?
I hate going there simply because of all the "characters" that you can find just walking down the road!

I used to live in Portland, unfortunately (while my roommates were all potheads) they were anal uptight and conniving.
So I had to come back to mellow out in Vancouver.
Yup... I had to check... yes, I'm right across the river from you! So, you will understand where I'm living.

I currently am at 82nd and Sandy Blvd. I am moving down to The Pearl. I'm sooooooo done with this neighborhood. I'll be giving up my car in September, which will be nice.

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

Yup... I had to check... yes, I'm right across the river from you! So, you will understand where I'm living.

I currently am at 82nd and Sandy Blvd. I am moving down to The Pearl. I'm sooooooo done with this neighborhood. I'll be giving up my car in September, which will be nice.
Believe me I know exactly what you mean. I hope you like your new place much much better.

As for me, I'm living in downtown Vancouver right now, just tucked in between 4th plain and Mill Plain.

And I'll be up and moving allllllll the way across the country by August 20th.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't envy you girl. I just moved on May 1st but actually started the move the middle of april and moved in May 1st. It was a nightmare and I only moved a block away. I don't ever, ever want to move again, I've had it. Good luck to ya.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, most of the damage is done. It was insane. I'm probably not going to my morning class, as the Budget I rented from doesn't have night drop offs. We'll be meeting back up in the morning and bringing it in then. There's still a lot of stuff left. It got to the point where we just needed to get bigger stuff out. I will be posting a LOT to Freecycle in the next few days... The cats have had MORE than their share of wigging out today. I still will be going up and pulling more stuff, but I'm tapped out on boxes and my reusable grocery bags, so I need to empty some stuff before returning.

it's crammed to the HILT in here. I can't move around the living room, except to the deck door and a corner of the couch. It will take me the rest of the summer to get this place in order, what with my schedule/life.

Well, it's nearing 1 am, and I'm barely awake. I need to shoot off a couple of emails and check Facebook... then I'm done for the night. I think I've well earned it. JoJo is exploring, sniffing everything, eyes wide as saucers. It still smells like our stuff, as well as a new place, but because others have handled things, it also smells like my friends... some of whom I have to do a serious amount of repaying to make things right again. I TOLD them I wasn't 100% ready. And they still got ticked off... whatever.

C'est la Vie, right? I have a lot of work remaining in the old place. But tomorrow, after my afternoon class, I will be going to acupuncture. I think I will really need it.

G'night!