Multiple usernames, same IP

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter wants to sign up, now that she's officially 13.... I'm wondering if its going to be an issue because it will be the same ip as me.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I shouldn't think it would be an issue - we have other instances of more than one family member being signed up.

I think the only issue would be if one of you did something bad enough to be banned but that's a question for someone with far more computer knowledge than I.

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My grand daughter tried to sign up on another forum I am on using my computer and it just kept sending her back to my user name.

cjh27

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi,

I'd think the main thing would be to inform the admin or a mod here that you're sharing an IP address. Some people tend to play pranks by signing up double and then for example picking fights with their other self

regards,

christine

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cjh27

Hi,

I'd think the main thing would be to inform the admin or a mod here that you're sharing an IP address. Some people tend to play pranks by signing up double and then for example picking fights with their other self

regards,

christine
That I've seen on other boards..... hence the question before she signs up.

She'll prolly only post a few times, but I thought I'd ask anyways. She's very independant and likes to have "her own" rather than having her mom post for her.

ETA: Is this thread good enough for letting the mods/admin know, or should I pm Anne or ????

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

That I've seen on other boards..... hence the question before she signs up.

She'll prolly only post a few times, but I thought I'd ask anyways. She's very independant and likes to have "her own" rather than having her mom post for her.

ETA: Is this thread good enough for letting the mods/admin know, or should I pm Anne or ????
I think you're good. Just let Anne know if you have a problem doing it.