My New Bedroom Set!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found a bedroom set! It's being delivered on August 1st. I start my vacation on July 30th and that will give me 2 days to drain my water bed and take it apart, and to get rid of my old dicrepid dresser that is falling apart!

I'm so excited!
I've never had a whole, matching bedroom set before!

I'm hoping that switching to a regular bed will also help my back.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's a very pretty set! Congratulations on your purchase!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stunning set

I hope the bed switch does help

Congrats on the new furniture.....(Like you, I've never had a matching set.... till I bought my mom's off of her, now its a semi matching set LOL) Very exciting

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
that is really lovely! I like the scroll work at the top of the mirror and headboard

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's beautiful Linda! Glad you were finally able to get it. I can only tell you that since we got rid of our waterbed my back has never been better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

It's beautiful Linda! Glad you were finally able to get it. I can only tell you that since we got rid of our waterbed my back has never been better.
I'm having trouble with my shoulder and both elbows. I think it's because when I'm in my bed I sink into a spot which causes the water to displace around me leading to swells of water on either side of me. So when I extend my arms in the night when sleeping I'm hyperextending my elbows over top of these humps of water.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I'm having trouble with my shoulder and both elbows. I think it's because when I'm in my bed I sink into a spot which causes the water to displace around me leading to swells of water on either side of me. So when I extend my arms in the night when sleeping I'm hyperextending my elbows over top of these humps of water.
I also started sleeping with a pillow between my knees a couple years ago and it has also made a great difference in my lower back - I used to have some pain there but not anymore. I bought an extra pillow and pillow cases just for my legs and knees - worth every penny.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Gorgeous bedroom set. I wish I could get an entire suite like that in my bedroom. It barely holds the bed and dresser. Well, there is room for a litterbox, but I have to step over (or into
) the food and water to get to the window.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well! It was short lived!

I was in the shower dreaming about my new bedroom set, when the thought hit me! I'm in debt! Currently I don't owe anyone any money and the concept of now being in debt and having to commit to a monthly payment just absolutely freaked me out! Actually, it was more than a freak out. I actually had a mini panic attack

I called and canceled my order.

I have no idea how I'm going to re-establish my credit if I can't stand to owe anyone any money. You have to incur a debt, even a small one in order to establish credit.

So I'm sticking with my water bed for the time being. I'll buy my bedroom set when I can pay cash for the thing in its entirety.

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry you lost your beautifl bedroom set, but I completly understand the worry about having debt. I did the same thing when I got my new couches, I wound up waiting utnil i have all the cash to get them, even though I knew it would only be a few weeks till I had it all.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

5 more years before it's purged from my credit record.
Aw, I'm sorry - you were so excited too.

In the meantime, try sleeping with the pillow between your legs - it will at least help your back.

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is a beautiful bed set, sorry you had to cancel your order but all for good reason. Can you get a regular mattress in the meantime and use the waterbed frame as your bedframe?

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lynsey

That is a beautiful bed set, sorry you had to cancel your order but all for good reason. Can you get a regular mattress in the meantime and use the waterbed frame as your bedframe?
I did this when I lived with my parents. No box springs, but the mattress was quite comfortable with the wood boards underneath.