6 precious little lives

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I drive all over the city in my cab and it is very unusual to see dead domestic animals on the roads here. In the past 2 days I have seen 6 precious kitties on the road. They were of varying ages from large, full grown kitties to tiny babies. It was heartbreaking. I even had a Marine jump out to see if one could be saved, but it was too late. Play happily at the Bridge, little ones.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has the weather been wet? I know after a rainy night, the number of dead animals I see on the road goes way up.

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How sad... To think of a cat dying that way is horrendous!

I was trying to think of a reason for stuff like that... Maybe it's kinda like nature/God's way of controlling population? Not trying to sound heartless or anything, I was just trying to think of a reason for tragedies like that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mismaris777, it does not sound heartless. I wish there were a good reason. It has been kind of rainy and miserable, maybe they were out because of that. Some of them were picked up, which led me to believe maybe they were someone's escaped pets. How sad to lose a cat like that.

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

mismaris777, it does not sound heartless. I wish there were a good reason. It has been kind of rainy and miserable, maybe they were out because of that. Some of them were picked up, which led me to believe maybe they were someone's escaped pets. How sad to lose a cat like that.
Thank you. If they were pets, at least the owners will hopefully think twice before letting their pet out, or making it harder for them to escape!

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That always breaks my heart to see. Wish we could get our strays, ferals, etc. under control in the US. We're poor stewards of our animal friends.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also worry about the number of cats being turned lose by people who have lost their homes due to the poor economy. People still believe cats are naturally self sufficiant. That is not ture of all cats. How sad it is to see, I try not to look at dead animals on the road because I am haunted by that kind of thing.

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is something I can never get over. I always see dead cats on the highways around in my area. I lost a cat to the highway a few years back. He wasn't mine, but I loved him and cared for him as if he was. It is so sad to see something like that, and I always wonder if the cats I see had a family that is missing it.

I am very emotional. I can honestly say that I cry/grieve for EVERY dead cat I see on the road, and for every member on here who posts about losing a beloved pet. I may not always post in this section, but I do read the posts here, and I cry for every lost pet.

R.I.P. Kitties. Play happily over the Bridge..