I didn't think this was such a huge deal, just a freak storm, until...
1. On the radio they said that one small (and I mean small) auto dealer not more than a mile or so away from my house has more than $1 million in damage to their inventory. And we're more than 50 city blocks from where they say the worst of the storm actually hit!
2. In talking to our insurance company about the claim on the damaged vehicle, they told Earl that right now this is considered the worst hail damage for the year in the country!
3. They also told him that they have 3000 home damage claims, and 5000 auto damage claims from individuals they insure. That's just ONE insurance company.
4. They said that they have 1/4 of all of their claims reps in the Denver area to handle all the claims.
5. For auto damage claims, they have an assembly line thing going where you just drive your car in, they look at it and determine how much damage is done and how much it will cost to repair, if you agree then they will cut a check (less your deductible) right there.
6. They are doing that by appointment only, and the soonest he can get in is TUESDAY!
Guess this really was a major storm incident!