Urgent cat situation

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since most of us involved in rescue are already overwhelmed in dealing with situations in our own communities, I wouldn't normally post about something like this. That said, I offered to spread the word about an urgent local cat situation and, if nothing else, request some of the powerful TCS vibes for the cats/people involved.

A couple of weeks ago, 30+ cats/kittens were found abandoned in rural house. The conditions were terrible and most of the cats/kittens needed vet care. Two rural county shelters planned to shoot the cats if they had been brought there. Fortunately, a local group, the Pet Alliance, is now coordinating the rescue effort and vet care. Most of the cats/kittens are tame, have since been fixed and tested negative for FeLV and FIV. The problem is a lack of space to foster these cats, so the Pet Alliance is in desperate need of foster homes and/or adopters. Transport can be arranged.

If anyone is interested in helping in any way, please PM me and I'll get you more info. Most of all, please send major vibes that efforts to help the cats are successful. I know this situation isn't unique, but felt compelled to post about it since I know some of the folks involved and can vouch for their efforts and dedication.

Thanks!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eileen, how horrible!
The county shelters were going to shoot the cats?

I'm so glad the Pet Alliance stepped in!

We can't foster - but when you say "transport can be arranged" - what are they talking about? To Cleveland or California? ...just to clarify for future posters.

Sending many vibes for the Alliance and all those babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks so much for the vibes, Laurie, and asking for clarification. Transport could probably be arranged for just about anywhere in the states with some coordination. One of the rescuers involved in this helped set up the transport of one of my rescues from Cincinnati to Richmond (Xander
), so she's an expert. Since I'm already fostering, I offered to help with transport if need be.

lovemeow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Eilcon,

It is horrible that they were trying to get rid of the cats like that. I am glad that pet Alliance came to rescue. One of my friends is trying to rescue a family of 7 cats too.

If it is OK, I would love to help you spread the word via my blog and facebook. Where are the cats located now?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lovemeow

Hi Eilcon,

It is horrible that they were trying to get rid of the cats like that. I am glad that pet Alliance came to rescue. One of my friends is trying to rescue a family of 7 cats too.

If it is OK, I would love to help you spread the word via my blog and facebook. Where are the cats located now?
Bless your friend for trying to help that kitty family.

The cats are currently located at farm house just outside Cincinnati. I'll PM you the specifics. Thanks so much for anything you can do to spread the word.