People can be so cruel to other living beings

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I went to this website that I am member of that I have not been on in a while. One member was giving an update on one of her cats, so I click on it to see whats up.

Apparently the kitten (young cat) was diagnosed with diabetes and an liver. Instead of treating either one of those they decided to get feed it until it died like the other litter mate. But what they ended up feeding her actually put the diabetes under control and liver problems were no longer an issue.

Just a bit further down some mention it was nice that she took this one to a vet and asked when she was gonna take the older 7 year old cat to the vet and linked another thread this girl had made.

She has a 7 year old cat that is extremely overweight to the point that the cat can not groom itself properly after a potty break. Has some behavior issues that are going on because the girl hates the cat. She is even thinking of locking the cat up in room (as a suggestion from others) just so she does not have to deal with the cat.

Several people mention taking the cat to a vet to rule out any medical conditions but oh no she does not want to do that. She says she takes her cats to the vet her husband can take his cat and pay out of his paycheck only he is out of work right now. She has said that the reason she does not want to take this cat to a vet is because she does not want her aliments diagnosed because she wants the cat to croak already.

She admits that she treats this cat like a house plant because she hates it and gives the other kitten special treatment.

Gosh people can be so cruel to cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Being online I have no clue where she lives. So really there is no way for me to report this tho I would love to.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She really should be reported to the SPCA!

I've always been of the opinion that having children and animals is a PRIVELAGE not a right.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

I've always been of the opinion that having children and animals is a PRIVELAGE not a right.
Why even have a cat if it's treated that way? It would be better off somewhere else.

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good grief, that's awful. I admit that I'm not equally bonded with all the animals in my house, but the only difference that makes is how much I would miss them if they died! The least favorite will get medical care and have all it's needs met, including affection and cuddling, just like the favorite. At the very least she should have it put down if she isn't going to see that it gets the medical care it needs.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

Being online I have no clue where she lives. So really there is no way for me to report this tho I would love to.
There's a few people on here you can ask about that. It's actually quite easy and if you want, I'll happily pm you the info on who to ask.

I agree with

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

If she has a facebook account, all the information you need is often right there so go for it. Some folks will post more information about themselves than others, so she might be one of the ones who has and thus the information is readily available to you. Nobody should sit back and allow any kind of abandonment or abuse to continue. It is the right thing to do to stop the abuse of that poor dear cat that is unable to speak up for itself.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree. If there is anyway you can get her info, she should be reported and that poor cat should be taken and put in a home where he will be loved and cared for instead of neglected and who knows what kind of abuse.

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You should show this blog to the SPCA anyways... Perhaps they have some method of tracking this person down.

What is the big damn deal about just giving the cat up?? -_-; Who can be so cold hearted and cruel that they'd rather let their cat die than to give it up for adoption and a chance at a proper home and good health care????