Rent-a-Cat

badkelpie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat-loving aunt was in town this weekend, just camping overnight. When she got her camper set up, she discovered there were mice. She was saying that if there was a cat in there, the mice would leave. So I offered my totally mellow newly adopted cat, Oscar. She took me up on the offer. So I put him in the back seat of the car, he laid down for the trip, completely relaxed. Brought him into her camper, he found the bed and then veged out. I have never met a cat so mellow and easy going. She got a cat to cuddle for the night, and oscar had fun.

I think I should rent him out

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

So did he get rid of the mice?
Ah you beat me to that question!
I have this image in my head of the Aunt sleeping, the cat snoozing, and the mice having a little mouse party!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

badkelpie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She said she heard them for a bit, then not at all. She just wanted the "cat smell", so the mice would think a cat lived there and move out. Her camper is a tiny (custom made because they don't usually come that small) airstream, so it wouldn't take much "cat exposure" to get the word out to the mice.

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For that you might want to just give Oscar a good brushing and then scatter the fur around the camper. Or put some soiled litter in a bag and scatter it around the perimeter.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You know, there are Bed and Breakfasts that have a "rental cat." If you want a cat in your room, they'll supply one for you.

I'm waiting for a cruise ship that has rental cats on it.