It's official now, I've lost my mind.....definitely my heart!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, I know most of you have seen my post in the RB section about losing my Babycakes. I know that I've talked to many of you in the past few years about the loss of a beloved cat, and I've lost several myself. Well, this one is different for me somehow, partly because we'd had her almost fifteen years, partly because we'd all gone through so much together, and partly, even though we're not supposed to have favorites....she was my favorite lil' girl.
She's buried between her fuzzy buddy, Rusty and her granddaughter, Rurnt in the back yard. She's better off than me, 'cuz every time Isee something that reminds me of her, I break down bawling again......just this morning I fed them, and on the last two cans, I dished out two servings of one can, poured the gravy off the other into it and put it in "her" dish....just because I know she liked it that way......so many others that I could think of, but there's just enough ambien and antidepressant in me at the moment that I think I can go to sleep without crying myself to sleep. Thanks for letting me vent guys...y'all are the best!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Aww!
So sorry for your loss.

We've all done things like that, even when it's just a foster kitty that's been adopted out. I still occasionally put out six dishes of food even though I'm down to four kitties now.

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Big hugs. I know what you mean...

So many memories, and right now they just bring pain. I hope the happy ones soon rise to the surface.

Cally

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss!

Losing such a close companion I am sure is absolutely devastating!

There is love and support for you here!
You keep right on venting hon. The grieving process takes a very long time and we'll be here to help see you through it!

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for you, and all the others here who have lost their animal friends.

It is so hard, but it will get better over time, and when you think of them you will smile, and not cry, though that may seem impossible right now.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know some times it's those "rituals" that we have to celebrate their life that make the loss a little bit easier. You just lost your baby, you need to give yourself time to grieve. Your not crazy, just trying to learn to live without your kitty.

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know you as I'm new to the boards but am very sorry to hear about your loss. big hugs to you and your hubby and RIP babycakes.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please talk about your beloved Babycakes as much as you wish. Sharing the stories and fond memories will help ease the pain. It's never easy saying goodbye to a close dear friend

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys, I still think it's a great thing to have a place like TCS where people don't look at you like you're crazy for feeling this way.

OTOP, when she was younger and could jump on the bed with ease, she'd hop up and snuggle up in the crook of Charlie's knees. He told me this morning that he felt her do this not once, but three times last night . I told him she's telling him she's safe, happy and once more with her beloved Rusty.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

Thanks guys, I still think it's a great thing to have a place like TCS where people don't look at you like you're crazy for feeling this way.

OTOP, when she was younger and could jump on the bed with ease, she'd hop up and snuggle up in the crook of Charlie's knees. He told me this morning that he felt her do this not once, but three times last night . I told him she's telling him she's safe, happy and once more with her beloved Rusty.
My wife and I lost one of our cats last year on Easter. His name was Tommyboy. One of the things he would do, is walk up behind you and bump the back of your legs with his rump and short nub of a tail. I have felt this many times while doing the dishes in the kitchen. I will look down as if Tommy was there, but none of my cats were anywhere to be seen. Just the other day, I saw my wife look down. I asked her what happened, she told me that she felt as if Tommy bumped the back of her legs. Makes me feel good, to think that maybe he does somehow come by, just to let us know he is ok and happy
There are times when I find Boris, one of our male bobcats, talking alone in the dinning room. Tommy liked to sleep in there and Boris loved him a lot. When Tommy died, my wife found Boris talking by Tommy's bed, he sounded so sad. Maybe Tommy stops by to say hello to Boris too, I don't know, but we have had this happen many times

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sweet toy pom Sophie passed away last October. I can still feel her sometimes at night in my bed. Our older dog Rosie loved her dearly. She sits for hours where we buried Sophie. We all grieve in our own way . In our own time

pui hang

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Really sorry to hear your loss. Venting is good for you - better out than in!! We lost Mittens nearly 4 years ago now and there's not a day when I don't think about her and I still have the occasional cry too! The pain will ease, just take your time...

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pui Hang

Really sorry to hear your loss. Venting is good for you - better out than in!! We lost Mittens nearly 4 years ago now and there's not a day when I don't think about her and I still have the occasional cry too! The pain will ease, just take your time...
I read this & it reminds me that some where between the 4 - 5 year mark is when my grief for Smokey seemed to subside. It's been 6 years & now I miss her, but I can talk about how funny she was & how much she loved turkey skin and smile. No more tears, I know I'll see her again & it will be wonderful to see her strong & muscular like when she was young.