Help me pick a breed for show quality cat!!1

fairy_kitten

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am interested in getting a show quality purebred kitten.My sister mews2much is going to work with me and teach me how to show.These are the breeds I am interested in Havana Brown,Cornish Rex,Egyptian Mau,or a Russian Blue.Does anyone know any good breeders,I am trying to be very careful this time.Any opinions on these breeds would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Fairy_kitten

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let me see what I can find with the California breeders - how far are you willing to go or be willing to ship from? I know of several other breeders outside of California that have good cats.

Will email you some cattery info.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fairy_kitten

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Let me see what I can find with the California breeders - how far are you willing to go or be willing to ship from? I know of several other breeders outside of California that have good cats.

Will email you some cattery info.
Thank You Goldenkitty45,within 3 to 4 hours driving distance,and shipping from anywhere in the US or Canada would be fine,I just want to make sure I get a good breeder.I'm looking to get the kitten late fall or early winter, but will be willing to wait for the right kitten if none are available at that time. Thanks Fairy_kitten

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sent you an email with some info. Let me know who you pick or are most interest in and I'll check into it further (or if you find another cattery). We don't want you to be ripped off like with the other kitten!

fairy_kitten

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Sent you an email with some info. Let me know who you pick or are most interest in and I'll check into it further (or if you find another cattery). We don't want you to be ripped off like with the other kitten!
Thank you,I learned from the last kitten and definately do not want to be in that situation again.I will let you know as soon as I decide thanks for your help.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is done with Devons.
Did you also notice there are no sphynx on her list.
She likes Cleo but sphynx are to much work to show.
My sister wrote a few breeders tonight and got a reply from a Cornish Rex breeder in So Cal.
Martice sent my sister a list of breeders that can be trusted.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So Jacky will be our guru, huh?

I like the Russian Blue and Havana Brown better, but if you like all of them equally, I would get the one that does best in shows... If you are going to show CFA, for what I can see Russian Blues are more popular - this based only on their website; I am sure experienced breeders/show attendants will give you a better idea of the most popular of those four...

fairy_kitten

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

So Jacky will be our guru, huh?

I like the Russian Blue and Havana Brown better, but if you like all of them equally, I would get the one that does best in shows... If you are going to show CFA, for what I can see Russian Blues are more popular - this based only on their website; I am sure experienced breeders/show attendants will give you a better idea of the most popular of those four...
Yes, Jacky will be our Guru
I wrote a few breeders last night there is not a whole lot of Havana Brown breeders only about 7 that I saw on CFA website.

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fairy_kitten

I am interested in getting a show quality purebred kitten.My sister mews2much is going to work with me and teach me how to show.These are the breeds I am interested in Havana Brown,Cornish Rex,Egyptian Mau,or a Russian Blue.Does anyone know any good breeders,I am trying to be very careful this time.Any opinions on these breeds would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Fairy_kitten
Much luck!! How very exciting! I too am interested in a purebred show kitty! I am about to start showing my DSH kitten in HHP, but I have a 10 year history o showing dogs, so it is kind of a natural progression for me. Hope you find the kitty of your dreams!! I am interested in Turkish Angora, Turkish Vans and Maine Coons...probably the Angora first.

fairy_kitten

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Allmycats

Much luck!! How very exciting! I too am interested in a purebred show kitty! I am about to start showing my DSH kitten in HHP, but I have a 10 year history o showing dogs, so it is kind of a natural progression for me. Hope you find the kitty of your dreams!! I am interested in Turkish Angora, Turkish Vans and Maine Coons...probably the Angora first.
Thank you
Best of luck showing your DSH kitten in HHP !!! I went with my sister mews2much to go show her Sphynx at a CFA cat show, and it was a great experience.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On that list: #1 Cornish Rex and then #2 Russian Blue