TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Is this the worlds ugliest cat!?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is this the worlds ugliest cat!?

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
Or is it.. I was a little bored and stumbled upon this story..

http://meghnaspages.blogspot.com/200...gly-catty.html

So is he the ugliest cat in the world? I personally think thats a little cruel. Ok he's not the most beautfiul.. But he is striking in his own unique weird and wonderful way !! I'd love to meet him
post #2 of 24
hes ermmmm different.... i think ill leave it at that

although it would be interesting to meet him
post #3 of 24
This was on the news months ago and posted before.
He appears to be part sphynx or peterbald.
post #4 of 24
AAWWW! Poor baby. He looks like he needs a sweater and a hug.
I think he is a very wise looking creature, even if he does look a little like Gollum from LOTR.
post #5 of 24
It makes my blood boil when i read or hear anyone calling an animal ugly,

Poor baby,he's so sweet regardless of how he looks
post #6 of 24
Awwww, I like him!! I would take him in in a heartbeat! Though I would immediatly change his name, ugly bat boy indeed! Pfffft! (I don't think bats are ugly either!)
Did I read that correctly that the vet has taken him in? If so, good for him! We can't all be beauty queens (or kings)
post #7 of 24
Awww what a little sweetheart. I agree he needs a sweater, a hug and some cuddles
post #8 of 24
There was another strangely furred/bald cat that was naked on the body and had long wavey fur just around the face/neck. We think it was a Selkirk/Sphynx type of cat - no one knew for sure.
post #9 of 24
post #10 of 24
Thread Starter 
Well well if this little fello has two threads and all this interest he sure is just unique and certainly not an ugly mugly! How could they call him ugly bat boy poor baby.
post #11 of 24
OMG

I think is is freaking CUTE! He looks a little squirly! That should be his name, Squirly!

They should make a childrens book about him, one that teaches about being nice to people who look different.
post #12 of 24
He looks better on the video where he is moving around.
post #13 of 24
Its two DIFFERENT cats that are being called the same name. One has spiky fur all over, the other is the one I mentioned about having bald body and long fur only around the neck.
post #14 of 24
Duh, huh! No wonder they looked so different.
post #15 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKisses View Post
OMG

I think is is freaking CUTE! He looks a little squirly! That should be his name, Squirly!

They should make a childrens book about him, one that teaches about being nice to people who look different.
Now that would be a great thing to do.
post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiemac View Post
It makes my blood boil when i read or hear anyone calling an animal ugly,

Poor baby,he's so sweet regardless of how he looks
Same!! I don't think that their is any creature on this earth that is "ugly" animal or human! The kitty with fur all over is just too cute for words! I just want to hug him! The cat with the bald body and a main is just beautiful! He kinda looks like a lion to me.
post #17 of 24
You should hear what people say about Cleo.
She gets called ugly also.
At cat show most people like her and want to touch her.
When she goes to the vet I run in to jerks that call her names.



post #18 of 24
Ha.
Quote:
You should hear what people say about Cleo.
She gets called ugly also.
At cat show most people like her and want to touch her.
When she goes to the vet I run in to jerks that call her names.

Let someone at the vets office, or anyone for that matter call one of my babies ugly...

They would wish they had kept their mouth shut.

I am not a person who likes conflict, but if you wanted to make me mad, just do/say something about my pets - that's sure to start a fire.
post #19 of 24
He is quite unique! I wouldn't necessarily say ugly though, that's kind of mean. Unique and different.
post #20 of 24
I think that he is a little unusual looking, but not ugly. Some bright blue softclaws would spruce him right up.
post #21 of 24
Ok, he's not exactly the PRETTIEST cat I've ever seen...but I'd take him home, and love him just because. Poor little guy! I'm glad the vet took him in. I bet the kitty is a sweetheart, too.
post #22 of 24

that's kind of cute....
i think if they had named him something else people wouldn't notice the UGLY first...
like lion cat
or
the world's weirdest looking cat....
ugly is pretty negative term....

if i saw him at a shelter and was looking for a cat i'd take him...
post #23 of 24
hummmmmm................. Shoot me, but IMO yes, he is very ugly.
Before you shoot me though........ I think he is only ugly as far as appearances goes... I am sure he is a sweetheart of a kitty, and deserves love the same way any other kitty does... I think labeling him merely an "ugly cat", is cruel... He is a cat, who happens to have a very unusual appearance... poor thing can not be blamed for how he looks
I think I would be lying, being a hypocrite if I said there are no ugly creatures to me... I do see beautiful people, and I also see ugly people - that doesn't make me think they are any less deserving than their beautiful counterparts...
There are days I think I am beautiful, and there are days I think I am ugly...
Maybe my years in design school made me look at things differently, objectively... But there is definitely beauty and ugliness in the world, even if that is on the eyes of the beholder.
Again - I am looking at the physical appearance ONLY...
post #24 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinalima View Post
hummmmmm................. Shoot me, but IMO yes, he is very ugly.
Before you shoot me though........ I think he is only ugly as far as appearances goes... I am sure he is a sweetheart of a kitty, and deserves love the same way any other kitty does... I think labeling him merely an "ugly cat", is cruel... He is a cat, who happens to have a very unusual appearance... poor thing can not be blamed for how he looks
I think I would be lying, being a hypocrite if I said there are no ugly creatures to me... I do see beautiful people, and I also see ugly people - that doesn't make me think they are any less deserving than their beautiful counterparts...
There are days I think I am beautiful, and there are days I think I am ugly...
Maybe my years in design school made me look at things differently, objectively... But there is definitely beauty and ugliness in the world, even if that is on the eyes of the beholder.
Again - I am looking at the physical appearance ONLY...
You couldn't have said it better! That's how I feel, too.

I once had a teacher who said that is you notice someone's race, that means you're a racist...I paraphrase it: if you notice, and it determines how you think about them/treat them, then you are. Sort of the same thing about looks, IMHO. I was so used to being called ugly while growing up; I think this is why my heart would go out to an unconventional-looking animal. We "uglies" often have wonderful personalities, but don't get the chance to show it. Few are willing to look past the physical appearance.

BTW, your kitties are magnificent--esp. the charmer in the middle pic, who looks like a white tiger!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Is this the worlds ugliest cat!?