I haven't been on much lately

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know here lately I have been spotty with posting. With school and all things have been crazy. But here is an update on everything.

I just enter my third quarter here at the community college. I am pulling 17 credit hours (unheard of at my college) and working a federal work study job at a minimum of 16 hours a week. I leave at 7 a.m. and don't get home until 5:30 p.m. or so. Plus starting next week I picked up some side work working in a garden every other Friday (no school that day). it pays 9 an hour and close to home, so it works for me. I know I am pulling myself a little thin but his (hubby) hours are still cut so I have to make money somehow and this is it.

Last quarter went real well I made the Vice President's List with a 3.76. I was and still am very happy about that. I am really pushing for President's List this quarter because I really want to join the honor society here.

The kids are doing great. Christian has not been complaining of anymore headaches and we take him back to the doctor on the 23rd to see if he will have surgery again or not and when.

Tiny, Yang, and Ping are doing great. Everyone is getting along great. Every so often we see Ping get down and run around the house with the two young cats. Tiny is doing great after her surgery. Yang no longer has his cold and he is so full of energy now. I can not wait for him to be old enough to get neutered. That will probably happen end of Aug. beginning of Sept.

How is everyone else doing?

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido nuevamente a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome BACK to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

What about me? Just work, work and work.....I hope to be out of vacations next month!...
the kiddos are sleeping right now was a long night last nigth!...

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
That is so great that you are keeping with your schooling.
Soon you will be done and have more time to be with us.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations on doing so well in college! It's good to hear that the human and feline family members are doing well and that you've found an extra job to help with finances.

I've got another week and a half till summer vacation (5 weeks) starts, and am hoping to renovate the study and get in a lot of reading.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

Last quarter went real well I made the Vice President's List with a 3.76. I was and still am very happy about that. I am really pushing for President's List this quarter because I really want to join the honor society here.

I have no doubt that if you put your mind to it, you will succeed

The kids are doing great. Christian has not been complaining of anymore headaches and we take him back to the doctor on the 23rd to see if he will have surgery again or not and when.
Now that is some of the best news I've heard in a long time

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While I like to be hopeful that him not having headaches now are a good thing, its the same thing that happened when all this stuff started with him and his eyes. And as a matter of fact I did some research on migraines and children and in rare cases migraines in children can paralyze the nerves in the eyes. And I honestly think that is what happened to him. Its been a year and one surgery down and still has double vision.

As for my schedule yea its crazy. The hubby has had to pull alot of extra weight around here because I just don't have the energy anymore. With my classes and WS i am pulling 33-37 hours a week. More every other week when i start that other work starting the 24th.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I always feel so proud of you when you post about your accomplishments. You just made a decision and have done everything possible to make sure you accomplished what you decided to do, even when obstacles have come your way. You and your family must be so proud. What a great example you are setting for your children. I wish you nothing but the very best.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I always feel so proud of you when you post about your accomplishments. You just made a decision and have done everything possible to make sure you accomplished what you decided to do, even when obstacles have come your way. You and your family must be so proud. What a great example you are setting for your children. I wish you nothing but the very best.
Very well said! I beam when I read your posts!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I agree totally with this. Be proud of yourself.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awesome job on your 3.76!
I hope you can join the honors society

I totally third what Pami said, you are a true testament to what a person can do when you put your mind to it

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow that's quite the busy schedule you've been keeping.

Keep up the great job at school!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had three tests this morning. One of them I might get the score on it tomorrow but I did get the results on two of them as soon as I was done with them (they were on a website). I made a 100 on both of them. At least 4 people in my class failed one or both of those tests. Which is hard to understand because we have been working with the same program for 7 months. But thats what happened and all but one blamed it on the computer/website. The one that did not complain much knew she failed because she worked all weekend and had the kids (single mom) and had no time to study. So she knew why she failed.

The other test I am sure I made at least a 90 on it.