Note: Olives cause strange dreams

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up last night starving, was half asleep, and the first thing I saw was the jar of olives on the door. So I gobbled 5 or 6 and went back to bed. That's when it got interesting.

First, I dreamt that my beanie babies came to life (which is odd because I don't HAVE a collection of beanie babies). I had every animal of every color running around my bedroom...including a black spider with red teeth who insisted on "playing" with me. Unfortunately "playing" meant attacking me. I could actually feel where he bit into my finger, it was that vivid.

In the middle of fighting off the beanie spider, Snickers (my lab) comes in and sits on the bed. She just looks at me and said "I could have told you that would happen". I looked at her, amazed, with a beanie spider hanging off my hand and said "You can TALK!!". She replied "Of course, we all can. You just don't listen". Next thing I knew all 4 dogs were in the bedroom talking to me. We had a nice conversation!

Now, it gets even wierder. I went out to the living room and saw Harley limping very slowly up the walk to the porch. It's obvious he was in a fight because he's covered in scratches and half his beautiful fur is gone. I opened the door to let him in, closed the door and turned around....and there is a beautiful, scratched up, naked man sitting on my couch. He looked up at me and just said "Mommy...help me..." That is when DH woke me up. :fume:

So, now I'm trying to talk to my dogs (all they do is bark), I'm still trying to find that stupid black beanie baby spider (that I don't think exists), and I will never look at Harley the same way again!

Moral of the story...don't eat olives in the middle of the night!

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, there is "Spinner the Spider" he is black, but has a tiger stripe pattern on his thorax. (no, I don't know that much about beannie babys, I googled it)

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

there is a beautiful, scratched up, naked man sitting on my couch. He looked up at me and just said "Mommy...help me..."
I was doing well with your dream until this part. Now that's just plain creepy!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I was doing well with your dream until this part. Now that's just plain creepy!!!
Yeah, I know, it kind of freaked me out too...but that's how I knew it was Harley (the Mommy thing) I'm actually kind of glad DH woke me up then...but he was pretty cute!
It was a creepy dream all together!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

Well, there is "Spinner the Spider" he is black, but has a tiger stripe pattern on his thorax. (no, I don't know that much about beannie babys, I googled it)
I'll take you're word for it. I really don't want to google beanie babies right now..I still think that spider is under my bed ready to attack!

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to my world of strange dreams!

Ever since I started taking Celexa, I have very vivid and weird dreams. I even talk in my sleep and my DH gets a lot of chuckles over the stuff I say.

I better stay away from the olives....I don't know if I can handle my dreams being even stranger than they are now!

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love having very vivid and exciting dreams like that!

Even if I'm scared when I wake up, it's always fun to remember them and share them with my SO.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

there's a book i love, The Catswold Portal, that has cats that can change into people & vice-versa... have you read that? the author is Shirley Rosseau Murphy.
i hardly ever remember any of my dreams, & the ones i do remember are NEVER as interesting as that!