Is it almost time to sign up for secret santa again?

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I can not wait to see who I get this year so I can tart shopping.

Wasnt the sign ups in August last year?
Tart shopping? What kind of secret santa is this???

(sorry, that was funny)

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to be a secret elf. Those are the people who give if it's needed, right?

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How does the Secret Santa work? I've never done it before...except at work where drew names and hid the gifts from each other. This seems very fun and different.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Going Nova

I want to be a secret elf. Those are the people who give if it's needed, right?
Actually, let's hope that we don't need elves this year. Those were the folks that stepped up and sent gifts to people who never received a gift from their secret santa. It's disappointing to send your gift and not get one back before Christmas.

I've got SS presents already collecting in my closet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard some people backed out at the last minute last time.
I loved everything I got last year and did not expect a pop corn popper.
I had got Cleo a few days before my package came and here is a picture of her sniffing the bag. Sorry the picture is big.
I tried to resize it but it said error.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

OMG, it IS almost time! I think it's in August or Sept that we have to officially sign up. Wow...how time flies anymore. It seems like just yesterday I was trying to get stuff for my SS.
hey, i've already got some stuff stashed away! i made out like a bandit @ Petsmart this past January - Christmas cat stuff @ 75% off!!!!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

How does the Secret Santa work? I've never done it before...except at work where drew names and hid the gifts from each other. This seems very fun and different.
It's pretty much the same thing only with people here. You sign up and fill out a questionaire on what you and your cats/animals like and the mods get drunk
and pull names for everyone. If you have any specific questions for you SS you can ask a "Snooping santa" to send a PM to your SS and get an answer. You mail the packages to who ever you got but you have the choice to request someone in the states or worldwide if you want. Some people are pretty straight forward identifying themselves when they send the presents, others make it really tough to figure out who they are. It's a ball and a lot of fun to see everyone's presents (yes...pics are mandatory!
)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

You sign up and fill out a questionaire on what you and your cats/animals like and the mods get drunk
and pull names for everyone.
The ones coordinating it are going to make you pay for that!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's pretty much the same thing only with people here. You sign up and fill out a questionaire on what you and your cats/animals like and the mods get drunk
and pull names for everyone. If you have any specific questions for you SS you can ask a "Snooping santa" to send a PM to your SS and get an answer. You mail the packages to who ever you got but you have the choice to request someone in the states or worldwide if you want. Some people are pretty straight forward identifying themselves when they send the presents, others make it really tough to figure out who they are. It's a ball and a lot of fun to see everyone's presents (yes...pics are mandatory!
)
So who assigns names?

And will they listen if there's personal conflict and it wouldn't be a good idea to match X with X ?

I'd love to sign up, but unfortunately there's a bunch of people that wouldn't want me as a SS, or vice versa
So if those issues can by bypassed, I'd love too.

I thoroughly enjoy sending out RAOK, (random acts of kindness) and I know they are well recieved.... I'd have a great time with the SS.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

)
Thank you for the information. We have a great new pet shop in town with all kinds of goodies. This sounds like something I would love to do, though posting pics presents a bit of a problem for me

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

Thank you for the information. We have a great new pet shop in town with all kinds of goodies. This sounds like something I would love to do, though posting pics presents a bit of a problem for me
Well, pics really aren't "mandatory" but they are appreciated (we're all nosey, you know
). A detailed describtion of what you received is fine.

And Chris, I don't know about anyone else but I would LOVE to have you for SS! Ummm...just don't send me a snake. If I get a box with hole it in I'm opening it outside!!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have already got a couple of stocking stuffers that just might go to my SS this year.

Attended the Art in the Park Festival yesterday afternoon and was thinking about it then.

Hard to believe it's that time of year again already where does the time go!!!!

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

And Chris, I don't know about anyone else but I would LOVE to have you for SS! Ummm...just don't send me a snake. If I get a box with hole it in I'm opening it outside!!
seconded that

what are the requirments for being a secret santa