Freddy and his tail

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had a dear longhaired brown tabby boy called Freddy back when I was 12-16 years old (he appeared in our yard as an adult and disappeared a few years later--I'm guessing he was an old cat already). One time Freddy was sitting on the counter and I noticed he was gently wagging his tail. Suddenly his tail wagged a bit harder and he began to look a bit peeved (and this cat never got mad). Then upon closer inspection I saw that his tail was dragging through the dishwater where my mother had dishes soaking! Oh so that explains it. We watched him as he wagged his tail harder and harder getting his tail wetter and wetter and vexing him more and more! Poor mild-mannered Freddy! When we were done giggling, we rescued his tail and showed him why he was getting wet. Silly boy
Just a cute memory from my childhood that I thought I'd share! If I could find my old cat album I would share Freddy..one of the best cats of all my time!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
He sounds like he was a sweetheart. But I could imagine his little brow getting furrowed as he couldn't figure out why his tail was so wet.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know that sounds like something my Maggie would do! She is 4 & still chases her tail, not too strange. What I don't get is that she still looks supprised that it hurts when she bites it? That and a lot of times when she needs to clean her tail, she chases it & then gets that frustrated look when she can't get a hold of it. (Those are the moments I tell her she is lucky she's cute because she's no rocket scientist)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

You know that sounds like something my Maggie would do! She is 4 & still chases her tail, not too strange. What I don't get is that she still looks supprised that it hurts when she bites it? That and a lot of times when she needs to clean her tail, she chases it & then gets that frustrated look when she can't get a hold of it. (Those are the moments I tell her she is lucky she's cute because she's no rocket scientist)
Just when you think cats are so smart.....................they really make you wonder, don't they???!! LOL!!
All I know is they are FUNNY and I love watching them try to problem-solve it
"Man's funniest friend", eh?.............