Catnip party at AddieBee's

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I got to my condo last night to feed the cats and do some clean-up, to my horror and then amusement - catnip everywhere! Silly me - I had left a baggie of the stuff on the counter and SOMEONE found it. Probably Archie. The bag was ripped open and magic powder was everywhere. I'd imagine that Arch was one reeeeaaaallly nipped out cat for a while. (He's the nip fiend!)

And of course, they all looked sooooo innocent!

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

When I got to my condo last night to feed the cats and do some clean-up, to my horror and then amusement - catnip everywhere! Silly me - I had left a baggie of the stuff on the counter and SOMEONE found it. Probably Archie. The bag was ripped open and magic powder was everywhere. I'd imagine that Arch was one reeeeaaaallly nipped out cat for a while. (He's the nip fiend!)

Did they have the munchies too?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Did you smell their breath?

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I once found the catnip bag empty and full of tooth marks under the couch. I know they had a good time!

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Zane only reacts to fresh catnip, not dried. I gave him some last night.

I have a very bad habit; my late father started it, and I haven't the heart to stop it, but whatever meat I'm having I cut off a little and give to Zane. Last night he absolutely INHALED it.

I have heard it said that catnip works on the same part of the feline equivalent of a brain that marijuana works on in the human brain. Could it give them 'the muchies' too?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Trent would like to join the party too!

Here's a pic of little 'nip fiend when he wasn't even 6 months old. No one told him that he wasn't supposed to react to 'nip until he was older than 1 year.

I still can't believe I had the camera in reach when he did that!

I bet Archie and company had a grand catnip party while you were away!

esrandall2000

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My kitty, Merlin, also likes to carry the plastic container of catnip around in his mouth. It seems to "travel" from the kitchen to the living room, then wanders into my bedroom. I never quite sure where it is and have to go looking for it if I want to use it.

Best,

Elizabeth

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
great shot Heidi!

I bet that was the best day ever for the kitties!