Question of the Day July 18th

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!!

Today's question deals with food:

What is your most favorite comfort food?

For me it is soup of any-kind, canned or homemade it doesn't really matter I find when I need a bit of cheering up a nice hot bowl of soup will do it for me. Add a grilled cheese sandwich to the mix and I am in heaven.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mac 'n' cheese with crispy bacon pieces, or fresh baked bread warm enough for the butter to soak in.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Morning All!!!

For me it is soup of any-kind, canned or homemade it doesn't really matter I find when I need a bit of cheering up a nice hot bowl of soup will do it for me. Add a grilled cheese sandwich to the mix and I am in heaven.
But not the fake ones you get here in Texas with fake cheese poured over some chips and some cold jalapeños thrown on or maybe not. No, I make my own. Chips are buttered on both sides and then toasted and then spread with refried beans without lard and then REAL Mexican cheese added and then of course the jalapeños are added and baked in the oven. These are the real nachos I learned from living with people in Mexico and something you CANNOT find in Dallas no matter how authentic the restaurant may claim to be. Yep gotta make my own comfort food. Oh if you want to get me started on another tangent ask about favorite drinks and I will rant and rave that it is impossible to get a REAL margarita in Texas.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Morning All!!!

Anything chocolate!!!!

However, if you are talking real food, then I would have to pick beef stew!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatNurse22

Chicken and dumpling. Mmmmm

But it's not just any chicken and dumplings. It's my mom's fried chicken recipe and my grandmother's dumpling recipe. It's nothing like you picture when you think of chicken and dumplings.

(DH knows I'm having a bad time when I opt to make this)

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll snack on potato chips and homemade onion dip.
Otherwise good mashed potatoes.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Egg noodles, the really wide ones and flat, not the curley ones, with lots of butter, salt & pepper (lots of pepper) parmesian cheese and a little bit of garlic. It impossible for me to be sad eating a big bowl of noodles!
A close second would be any kind of roasted meat, beef, pork, chicken, turkey, doesn't matter, with gravy and mashed potatoes. No gravy directly on the taters though, lots of butter.
Hmmm, I guess I would have to list butter, lol.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What can I say? FOOD is comfort!
But then there's mew-purr-snuggle-into-mums-arms comfort. For that it would be pretty much anything that involves baked pasta (M&C, Baked Spaghetti, Lasagna, etc), or pretty much anything that involves a lot of gravy (roasts, stews, Toad).

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

A big fat chicken korma!!
I lived in the UK a couple of years and somehow managed to miss out on that. (Or maybe I had had too many pints of bitter.) But right up the street I can get authentic Steak & kidney pie. It's called the Londoner and it is a real pub with all kinds of comfort food (and 20 English ales on draft.)