This I have to see!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When there was just Persi there was never a grain of sand in front of the litterbox. Since Alley started sharing the same box there is constant sand in front of the box and tracked everywhere else. After two years of this DW comes home today with a Booda Dome. The one with stairs no less. Yes I am a three year TCS member as of today so of course I have read the good, the bad, and the ugly about these things. I laughed when I saw it but I made an oath that if after five days it worked I would donate $200 to the new rescue center up the road. I will be more than happy to pay up if this works. I will give this five days (since that is my payday.) Meanwhile I am going to be afraid to walk around at night and I am alarmed they just won't have any part of it. I sure wouldn't! Besides the thing just plain looks silly sitting there. Btw my word is my honor. I'm gonna be worried all night about what Persi @ Alley are going to do. I'm betting they are going to be laughing at it, just like I am.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

When there was just Persi there was never a grain of sand in front of the litterbox. Since Alley started sharing the same box there is constant sand in front of the box and tracked everywhere else. After two years of this DW comes home today with a Booda Dome. The one with stairs no less. Yes I am a three year TCS member as of today so of course I have read the good, the bad, and the ugly about these things. I laughed when I saw it but I made an oath that if after five days it worked I would donate $200 to the new rescue center up the road. I will be more than happy to pay up if this works. I will give this five days (since that is my payday.) Meanwhile I am going to be afraid to walk around at night and I am alarmed they just won't have any part of it. I sure wouldn't! Besides the thing just plain looks silly sitting there. Btw my word is my honor. I'm gonna be worried all night about what Persi @ Alley are going to do. I'm betting they are going to be laughing at it, just like I am.
Well somebody used it last night. I think Alley and there is no sand outside the box. Hmm, I have checked the bathtubs and did not find anything inordinary. It is possible both cats used it last night. OK, no more reports until the five days are up but initial evidence has already surprised me.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I hope it works! I like your oath!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've tried the side by side litter box tests over time. If I put a covered box of any kind next to an uncovered one, I rarely got anyone to use the covered one. I bet you if you put their old box next to the Booda, the Booda would be unused.

(I also use this method to test new litters)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I've always wanted one of those, but they're not sold here, and are too big to take on a plane. Some cats really prefer covered boxes, and the Booda Dome looks very private.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am amazed. We simply replaced the old litter box with the Booda Dome and both cats started using it. No mishaps. And no more litter all over the place. I am so proud of my cats at how quickly they adapted to this thing that looks like it came from Mars. Highly recommended.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We got one too, and although it's not used as much as the uncovered box it replaced they definitely use it. And the amount of litter outside the box is almost non-existent.

Not sure if you will have this problem, but I did find that I needed to get one of those little brush and dustpan sets just for the Booda Dome, since they would still track litter onto the steps. If I don't keep up with cleaning it, they will eventually brush some of that outside the box. Small price to pay!

cattoys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nice to know that Booda Dome worked for your pets...

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was wondering about that box. I have so much litter tracked its not even funny. ReeRee has trouble with his motor function so he whips the litter around like crazy just trying to cover his business. I think i am going to be investing in one of those! It is horrible looking though isn't it?
Better than litter all over the place though, I suppose.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have seen those boxes and wondered what was so special about them. Glad that it's working for you, and I'm sure the rescue centre was grateful for your donation!