R.I.P. Babycakes 5/10/94 - 7/17/09

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fifteen years ago, right about now a three-way love affair was started. Charlie and I had adoped Rusty in March, and were looking for a female to breed him with. We met up with a lady whose kittens were not old enough yet to sell, but she let us see them, and pick one for buying later. There were four of them, but the smallest of the litter was the most rowdy, a tiny little tortie point who promptly bit me, lol!

She was to be my cat, since Rusty was Charlie's.....but they had other ideas...Rusty became mine, and she became "Daddy's little princess". She grew to be one of the sweetest cats you'd know, talkative.....didn't mind telling you what was on her mind at any given time.

There are things I know I'll never forget...Charlie rubbing her belly while she gave birth (he started it with the first batch and she expected it from then on!). We brought Big Blue in as a 16 week old kitten, to swap up the breeding.....and she almost killed him! She jumped him one night, scaring him so badly that he crapped all over both of them....was funny, after the bathing was done.

She loved anything mint.....you could put a mint candy in your mouth for a few minutes, pick her up and breathe into her face....she'd stick her head in your mouth to try to get it!

I could go on forever, but if I do, I'll only start to bawl again. We lost her soulmate, Rusty in Nov. 2007, and she's never been the same since. She'd had a few seizures before, nothing regular, so the vet couldn't pinpont them, but over the last year she started having what we humans would call mini-strokes...not debilitating, but enough to change her somewhat. Last night though, she had a major one (actually about three this morning), and this one took her from us before we could get her to the vet.

Rest in peace, my sweet Baby girl, your daddy and I will miss you more than you'll ever know.....But I know that you're at the Rainbow Bridge now, reunited with Rusty, your daughter YumYum and your granddaughter Rurnt. Run free and easy like you did 15 years ago, my sweet girl.....Meowmy and Daddy love you very, very much, and will always miss you. For those who don't know, catfolks is my husband and her daddy....and I'm afraid he's taking this as badly or worse than me.

]

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw, Cindy.
to you both.

RIP sweet Babycakes

Watch over your Meowmy and Daddy, eh? There's a huge hole in their hearts right about now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys.....and pray for both of us....I think this particular loss in hitting both of us harder than we'd like.

One other thing about her....the night we brought her home, she rode in my arms, purring all the while....we've joked for years that she'd probably leave this world purring.....and she did.

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your loss
I do know exactly what you are going thru at this time. My DH is taking Tyler's passing very hard. Some of your stories put a smile on my face. She was a wonderful baby. RIP Babycakes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by psjauntie

So sorry for your loss
I do know exactly what you are going thru at this time. My DH is taking Tyler's passing very hard. Some of your stories put a smile on my face. She was a wonderful baby. RIP Babycakes
I'm also sorry for your loss. It seems every time I turn around I think of something else I will miss about her....for instance when her fuzzy buddy Rusty was alive, anytime I sat down to play the piano, he'd get on the bench and start yowling at me until I stopped.....after he died, SHE started it!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

Thanks guys.....and pray for both of us....I think this particular loss in hitting both of us harder than we'd like.

One other thing about her....the night we brought her home, she rode in my arms, purring all the while....we've joked for years that she'd probably leave this world purring.....and she did.
I am so sorry for your loss Cindy.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry about Babycakes, I wish there was something more we could do than offer

Play happily over the Rainbow Bridge

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry.

Rest in peace beautiful Babycakes.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, I wish I could offer more than hugs.

Babycakes was so beautiful. You have so many wonderful memories of her.
Watch over your momma and daddy, Babycakes. They miss you and Rusty and YumYum and Rurnt. Play happy, all of you.

RIP sweet Babycakes

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Cindy, I'm so sorry you and Charlie lost your little girl. RIP, Babycakes, happily reunited with your beloved Rusty.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I`m so sorry for your loss of Babycakes
What a beautiful girl she was. Be happy at the bridge sweetie and don`t forget to keep a watch over your family once in a while.

Rest In Peace
Babycakes