My name is Carolina, and I am a cat-aholic!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I am definitely a cat-aholic -today I had the final proof.
My family sent me some birthday money as a gift, and after taking care of my late bills, the first thing I did was to get the kitties some goodies. Bought them food, their vitamins, some toys, and a little bullet type blender, to blend bugsy's wet food (he likes it pate, and I put all vitamins in it)...
I got their stuff even before buying myself food...
I guess I do get the stamp of crazy cat lady!
For myself........ I will get a new suit and new shoes for my second job interview next week
. Kitties come first though.
Anybody else here thinks about their kitties before thinking about themselves? Or do I have a problem?

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh, I am the same way!
I just bought goodies for my dogs and cats so they're all stocked up for a month or two.
But I think the really big proof of my being a cat-aholic is today I was grooming this super sweet gray cat and she reminded me so much of my first cat that it actually crossed my mind to go look at the shelter websites because I want another gray cat! And I have six already! (And two dogs!)

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OFFFFFFFFFF course that they are firts than other stuffs.....even we don´t went to dinner once in order we pay they vaccines and was more expensive than we calculate, BUT we felt very very fine to see to boths full of energy and playfull...
so I´m guilty too....

... for the entreview.....

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You are not alone!!

For example, yesterday was pay day and while organizing what needed to be paid and what I needed to get, after bills, the kitties were first. And I'm not talking essential kitty things like food or litter. I'm talking new food dishes, new toys, two adorable new beds, etc. While at PetSmart last night shopping, Josh (the BF) had to keep reminding me "You know...we have to eat this week" as I kept piling things into the buggy. Whoops.... But hey, the boys are very happy,

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is so nice of your family to give you money and even nicer of you to spend it on your kitties!

Do you have the Crazy Cat Lady starter kit that they have on I can haz cheeseburger?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatNurse22

You are not alone!!

For example, yesterday was pay day and while organizing what needed to be paid and what I needed to get, after bills, the kitties were first. And I'm not talking essential kitty things like food or litter. I'm talking new food dishes, new toys, two adorable new beds, etc. While at PetSmart last night shopping, Josh (the BF) had to keep reminding me "You know...we have to eat this week" as I kept piling things into the buggy. Whoops.... But hey, the boys are very happy,
Exactly!!! Their budget is first, then mine... As far as food, litter and meds... I always have 2 months at all times - funny, because I have no human food right now... Going to buy tomorrow
Their gift is not over yet - I am buying another cat tree tomorrow - saw online someone selling... almost new, 5ft, very sturdy, $50! Then it's my turn to enjoy my gift hehe...
I am glad to know I am "normal"!!
This blender I bought today is awesome! It is one of those bullet type smoothie makers - perfect to blend cat food.... a breeze to clean, and a fine food processor too... Now his food is always going to be creamy the way he likes it! I am going to try to make some home made food for them as well - It's got to be easy to make some good food in that little blender!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

That is so nice of your family to give you money and even nicer of you to spend it on your kitties!

Do you have the Crazy Cat Lady starter kit that they have on I can haz cheeseburger?
yes.... they are wonderful! !! Thank Goodness it is my birthday
!!!
I haven't seen this starter kit - do they have a maintenance one??

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do know how you feel. I went to Wal-mart the other day because I needed toilet paper and milk. I have basically no extra money to spend, and instead of getting some hamburger, I also got a package of Whiska's Temptations for Pixel and a new cardboard scratcher (they mangled the other of course). Then I sat down with my cereal and watched them wrestle with the catnip covered cardboard scratcher and decided it was way better than eating meat anyway.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by zorana_dragonky

I do know how you feel. I went to Wal-mart the other day because I needed toilet paper and milk. I have basically no extra money to spend, and instead of getting some hamburger, I also got a package of Whiska's Temptations for Pixel and a new cardboard scratcher (they mangled the other of course). Then I sat down with my cereal and watched them wrestle with the catnip covered cardboard scratcher and decided it was way better than eating meat anyway.
Photo!
Photo!
of the package!..

ebrillblaiddes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm not spending much on my cats these days, or on anything, because I'm between jobs and about to move...but...

They're eating better than I am. They ALWAYS have enough kibble, while I've been skipping meals because nothing I have the ingredients for sounds worth the time to cook. They get recognizable meat, either from my dinner (I'm using up a value pack of chicken) or canned cat food, every couple days.

When I had a few bucks left I went to the store for cleaning supplies and also bought them three clearance-priced canisters of treats.

They were stressed out for one day about being packed up in the carrier in an attempt to get them their shots, so I bought them a tube of herbal kitty calming gel when we went to Petsmart afterwards to make arrangements with the clinic there and watch the birds (they were miserable from being in a waiting room with barking dogs for an hour and a half, they needed to watch the birds)...I've been stressed out for weeks, about moving, and all I've got here to help me with that is a cuddly little black cat.

Oh, and they have bits and pieces of two of those cardboard catnip scratchers around, and there's a third that exists only as shredded cardboard in some garbage dump somewhere. And I have extra catnip in the freezer to add to them now and then.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Anybody else here thinks about their kitties before thinking about themselves? Or do I have a problem?
Gosh, you do have a problem, definitely.

Oh, wait a minute, if YOU have a problem, then that means I have a problem. As well as everyone else here on the site. Nah, yer cool.

Hooray for kitties!! Hope yours like that cool-sounding cat tree!

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While I was studying for the bar exam and had zero income, I still fed my cats wet food everyday (Natural Balance, not even 9 Lives or Friskies) and paid $40 to have Mattie groomed (she has long hair and it's too much for her in the summer).

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok... so I am definitely a cataholic now! Hands down!!!
Most of my gift went to my kitties... well, not really... Here is what I did: Paid late bills, got the kitties necessities for this month - vitamins, meds, food, litter...
For me, the greatest gift is coming in this Sunday: My cleaning lady!!!
I CANT WAIT!!! This is the gift i am giving myself - a house deep cleaning!
I know there will people here who will judge me, as I am not working, and have all the time in my life to clean my house...... but I don't care - the truth is, being unemployed put me in a vicious cycle of depression, and I have not cleaned the house in a while... And reality is, I am not going to clean... So... MY GIFT for MY birthday will be to treat MYSELF to a house keeper!

Oh, yes... and with the change I built a cat wall

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Ok, I am definitely a cat-aholic -today I had the final proof.
My family sent me some birthday money as a gift, and after taking care of my late bills, the first thing I did was to get the kitties some goodies. Bought them food, their vitamins, some toys, and a little bullet type blender, to blend bugsy's wet food (he likes it pate, and I put all vitamins in it)...
I got their stuff even before buying myself food...
I guess I do get the stamp of crazy cat lady!
For myself........ I will get a new suit and new shoes for my second job interview next week
. Kitties come first though.
I would suggest that you could possibly found Cats Anonoymous(CA). You already have the opening statements down pat!