Bugsy got a boo-boo

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was in the bathroom when I heard a thud - then I saw Bugsy looking rather confused... He had a cut on his face, going from the top of his nose, all the way to his lip... It is not a deep cut, but there was a little bit of blood - like a deep scratch.
My poor baby....
I have no idea how he hurt himself... I looked around, and there was nothing really that could have done it, unless he missed his step and hit his face on the edge of the bed.
I cleaned it with Bactine - I don't want to put anything on it because he can lick it of...
Can you spare some vibes for this not to get it infected?

ebrillblaiddes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's good that it's in a place he can lick, because cat saliva has enzymes that either kill germs or help the wound heal, I forget which exactly, but, something that'll do him some good. Tell him to really stick his tongue out to make sure he gets that healing cat spit all over the whole thing

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think... not sure .. that you can put neosporin ointment on it and that is ok... do a search here ... I think others have commented on it here on TCS.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ouch! poor baby
yes, you can use neosporin as long as it's not the kind that has the pain reliever in it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Going Nova

Hopefully, that's his only injury. Poor baby.
You scare me!! I am pretty sure it is... I inspected his body, and he is also completely well - eating, drinking, using the box, playing... So far his cut looks good too

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you heard a thump, I'll bet he was running and ran into something.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are so right! I remember Lucky running away then stopping, so probably they were playing chase and he bumped into the dresser...

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is doing good! His cut is healing well, and for what I can see it is not infected!

lovesmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Poor Bugsy! He was playing hard! I'm happy to hear that his boo-boo doesn't look infected. Praying that he will heal up quickly. Btw, he's such a handsome kitty.
All of your babies are beautiful!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for the warm wishes...