Broke down and purchase a cat condo

yellow-flower

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone. I finally broke down and purchased a cat condo--a large one--for my kittehs. I've been promising my 2 cats, Chloe and Romeo, for years. And now that Delbert-a 10 week old boy--has been added to the family I figured it was time.

I'm going to assemble it today. I hope all goes well. I'm sure the cats will love the box while I get to work. The do love boxes. Do your cats like the boxes that wreaths come in? I bought wreaths for graves this year and they just loved the boxes they came in. Bonus, buy one wreath get cat toy free!!

yellow-flower

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been wanting a kitty condo for years, but I figure Binks has to wait till I get a people condo first.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Best investment I made...
Kitties love it, get exercise, play on it....... I might get a second one, used, to put on my room.
Congrats! Have fun putting it together - that is definitely 1/2 of the fun!!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I need a cat condo - I have a bored kitten here who thinks her goal in life is to destroy everything, especially paper.

DH keeps saying he will make one...for the last few years so I think I will end up breaking down and buying one. Only problem is that cat condos are not of great quality here in the pet shops - they are so flimsy!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I need a cat condo - I have a bored kitten here who thinks her goal in life is to destroy everything, especially paper.

DH keeps saying he will make one...for the last few years so I think I will end up breaking down and buying one. Only problem is that cat condos are not of great quality here in the pet shops - they are so flimsy!
I've heard about those projects from my DH - still waiting.

Boxes are of course the number one toy. Nothing that comes in a box is as interesting as the box itself.

Good luck on the assembly - how did it go?

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now I have broken down and bought a cat condo! It is being delivered tomorrow!

I ordered the one that I posted above after I asked about the stability of the condo and they said they know what the ones are like that you find in pet shops here and it is not like them. Whew!

I have been cleaning up and have a spot reserved for it already!
I can't wait!!

vet65

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Now I have broken down and bought a cat condo! It is being delivered tomorrow!

I ordered the one that I posted above after I asked about the stability of the condo and they said they know what the ones are like that you find in pet shops here and it is not like them. Whew!

I have been cleaning up and have a spot reserved for it already!
I can't wait!!
That looks like a great one!

I would love to get one for my kitten. The only thing to consider is that she would need one where she could climb to all the different levels, rather than having to jump. She's missing part of one of her back legs so she's not a great jumper. The one you bought looks really nice!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I found out the people who are selling this own a cattery - it looks really nice!

I know where to take them if I need to have them boarded should I go away.

srrh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The best price anywhere I have found for cat trees/condos is at Armarkat! If you go on Ebay and search for "armarkat," you can often find their stuff even cheaper!

As far as I know, the only difference between the premium and classic cat trees is that the classic ones are covered in carpet and the premium ones are covered in fleece, but I could be wrong.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by srrh

The best price anywhere I have found for cat trees/condos is at Armarkat! If you go on Ebay and search for "armarkat," you can often find their stuff even cheaper!

As far as I know, the only difference between the premium and classic cat trees is that the classic ones are covered in carpet and the premium ones are covered in fleece, but I could be wrong.
I agree... That's how I got mine - from their ebay store- much much much cheaper!