TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Motivational Quote of the Day: July 17: Alot of people could learn from this one.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Motivational Quote of the Day: July 17: Alot of people could learn from this one.

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
Maturity is: The ability to stick with a job until it's finished; The ability to do a job without being supervised; The ability to carry money without spending it; and The ability to bear an injustice without wanting to get even”

Abigail Van Buren

The only one I have difficulties with is carrying money without spending it..... hence the reason I don't normally carry money with me.
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady View Post
Maturity is: The ability to stick with a job until it's finished; The ability to do a job without being supervised; The ability to carry money without spending it; and The ability to bear an injustice without wanting to get evenâ€

Abigail Van Buren

The only one I have difficulties with is carrying money without spending it..... hence the reason I don't normally carry money with me.
Yes I would say the money one would be the most difficult for me as well.
post #3 of 9
Great quote!

I think more than anything though, maturity is the ability to take responsibility for one's actions. My hubby is always spouting that one, so it's becoming ingrained. He says that even if the action was inappropriate or bad judgement, that we should own up to it and accept that we made a mistake, not try to place blame on others for our actions, and for us to try to do better in the future in order to grow and become better people.
post #4 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite View Post
Great quote!

I think more than anything though, maturity is the ability to take responsibility for one's actions. My hubby is always spouting that one, so it's becoming ingrained. He says that even if the action was inappropriate or bad judgement, that we should own up to it and accept that we made a mistake, not try to place blame on others for our actions, and for us to try to do better in the future in order to grow and become better people.
indeed, very true. It's just too bad that people don't take responsibility yet hide behind "a wall" when they know they were wrong.

But unfortunately this world is filled with liars, fakes, 2 faced mean people who don't care about the needs of others, immaturities and I could go on.

Sadly, people never cease to disgust me these days. It is a crappy world out there...heck, just look at the threads here..... so much irresponsibility, cruelty, etc.

What has the world come to?
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady View Post
indeed, very true. It's just too bad that people don't take responsibility yet hide behind "a wall" when they know they were wrong.

But unfortunately this world is filled with liars, fakes, 2 faced mean people who don't care about the needs of others, immaturities and I could go on.

Sadly, people never cease to disgust me these days. It is a crappy world out there...heck, just look at the threads here..... so much irresponsibility, cruelty, etc.

What has the world come to?

Unfortunately you are right Chris. There are liars, fakes, mean people in our world but that isn't really what my post was about. I was just elaborating on the meaning of maturity according to my hubby.

There will always be people that will deny their own responsibility and try to shift blame to others, embellish the truth, twist things to favour themselves (we've all seen teens and kids do that) - he says that in order to grow we need to stop doing that and accept that we have erred and instead of denying it, step up to the plate, admit it, and not make the same mistakes over and over again. He says that is part of the maturity and especially the growing process.
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite View Post
Great quote!
...
post #7 of 9
I hear ya on the carrying money one..lol
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady View Post
Maturity is: The ability to stick with a job until it's finished; The ability to do a job without being supervised
I'll remember this as I'm working today, tomorrow, and the day after!
Thanks for the quote! It was a good one!
post #9 of 9
That's really good. Maybe that should go on the fridge...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Motivational Quote of the Day: July 17: Alot of people could learn from this one.