Hans Blix and Team America

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm at a conference this week and we were fortunate enough to get Hans Blix, the UN weapons inspector as our closing plenary speaker. Some of the students couldn't resist asking him to sign their "Team America" gear that they had brought for the occasion. He was a really good sport about it and actually said he was grateful to the producers because the movie helped bring more attention to the problems he was facing in North Korea.

Here he's signing a couple of the booklets from the DVD:

Some of the students from Texas A&M had T-shirts with the puppet version of Kim Jong Il on them:

One of the signed T-shirts. It reads "Well, Well?" Hans Blix:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Grogs

One of the signed T-shirts. It reads "Well, Well?" Hans Blix:
OMG - that is soooo hilarious!!! What a wonderful life experience to meet someone so involved in world-impacting action - wow!! a U.N. weapons-inspector
I am just sad that so few people realize what a honor and privilege that is
....now, if it had been Michael Jackson, Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, this thread would be pages and pages long by now

BTW - I love your kitties' pix. Thur sure looks MaineCoon
and congrats to Tiny & you on her weight loss challenge. Your blog entries show such love and dedication

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

OMG - that is soooo hilarious!!! What a wonderful life experience to meet someone so involved in world-impacting action - wow!! a U.N. weapons-inspector
I am just sad that so few people realize what a honor and privilege that is
....now, if it had been Michael Jackson, Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, this thread would be pages and pages long by now
Well, in fairness, if it had been Michael Jackson, that would have been pretty big news.
You're right though. We actually had dozens of guys at the conference who are / have been IAEA inspectors because it was a nuclear materials management conference. Hans Blix, certainly, has had an exceptional career, but many of these guys have slogged through the same trenches without ever receiving much recognition. There's an IBM commercial out there where one of their scientists is walking down the hallways and the women are swooning, people are asking for autographs, and everyone is cheering. I think it would be cool if the world really worked that way, except for maybe the paparazzi.

Originally Posted by catsknowme

BTW - I love your kitties' pix. Thur sure looks MaineCoon
and congrats to Tiny & you on her weight loss challenge. Your blog entries show such love and dedication
Thanks a lot. You may be right about Thufir - he's a huge kitty, so he's got some type of a large breed in his blood. He's also a big baby who loves to be picked up and held. Tiny has been doing great. I just hope she hasn't put on a lot of weight while I've been out of town. My cat sitter probably felt bad for her and let her have some extra food.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey that's really cool! That would have been really interesting to listen to.

Love the shirts and love that he signed them

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a good sport he was to sign all of that! Then again, he might be the first UN weapons inspector to ever be asked for his autograph!

BTW...love the shirts!