Legitimate Free Retail Version of PSP 10

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

http://apps.corel.com/lp/lexar/4157/index.html?trkid=lexarstarterpspx

You can get a 100% legitimate FREE copy of Paint Shop Pro 10. Yes! It's totally free and being given away by Corel themselves!

I'm told pop up blockers block the page, so you might wanna turn those off for this.
THANK YOU!!!!

I am sure this is completely different from version 7. LoL I haven't had the $ to upgrade in years.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So, has anybody downloaded this and tried it? Makes me nervous!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Downloaded and it works just fine. They're using this free download to promote sales for Paint Shop 11.

It is pretty different from PSP7, this one is now more of a photo-editing program. A pretty nice photo-editing program though, certainly better than the basic software that comes with Windows. If that's what you're looking for, this one seems pretty nice.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

Downloaded and it works just fine. They're using this free download to promote sales for Paint Shop 11.

It is pretty different from PSP7, this one is now more of a photo-editing program. A pretty nice photo-editing program though, certainly better than the basic software that comes with Windows. If that's what you're looking for, this one seems pretty nice.
Cool. Does it load fast?
PSP7 is slow since I have so many plugins but faster than photoshop.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

So, has anybody downloaded this and tried it? Makes me nervous!
It works just fine! I've got a German version of PSP X on DH's XP computer, and this is the real thing. It seems slightly slower with Vista, but that might be my imagination.

Thanks for posting the link, Linda. I've been debating whether to buy PSP again, or Photoshop Elements for this notebook. It'll be nice to have the English version, because my "PSP for Dummies" book is in English.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LotsO'Cats

Thank you!
The version I have is 6.
I have Paint Shop Pro version 7.04 and 8.1. I tried version 9 but didn't like it because the interface had changed so much and there were a few functions that they got rid of all together that I liked.

I also have Photoshop CS. A company my nephew had worked for allowed their employees to order so many copies of certain programs at the company discount. So I bought it because it was so much cheaper than having to buy it retail. I've tried to learn it, but I get frustrated with all of the steps that it takes to do something that I can do inside PSP in one step. So I always gravitate back to PSP.

I did download the version 10, because a free copy of a retail program is just too good of a deal to pass up.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I did download the version 10, because a free copy of a retail program is just too good of a deal to pass up.
Definitely! I'm finding it a little "buggy" as far as resizing is concerned, but that may be because I'm using it with Vista, not XP. It's not a problem if you have irfanview for a quick resize. I might uninstall it, and download it again.