Are all females the same in bed?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As one of the few men on this site may I state that I have had more than my share of females in bed with me. And may I also say they have all been alike in one manner; they all want more. Bed space that is. Even with a King size bed, females always have to have 99% of the bed space. For some reason they all feel it is their right, given to them at birth. The male will be kicked, pushed, and shoved until he is on the very end of the bed on the verge of falling to the floor while the female enjoys all the rest of the bed. Say it isn't so, females!

Cats are exactly the same. I have a male and female cat that share the bed with the people at night and they remain in bed after the people get up. At that point in time, the contest begings, The female starts pushing until she has 99% of the bed. It happens every time just like it does for us poor human men.

Case in point is the photo I snapped a few minutes ago. I would not have to tell any stranger to this site which of the two cats is the female. Look at the poor male looking down at the floor, barely able to clutch to the remaining 1% of the bed.

Since this site is heavily dominated with females, I am looking for some answers to this age old question of why females have to have all the bed. Of course I expect some very good rebuttals and that will just make things more fun.

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww, that's totally adorable! Alley certainly rules the roost with a firm paw. I actually find myself on the short end of the stick when I have, ah, company. No blankets and a quarter of the bed (and yes, I'm female).

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

The male will be kicked, pushed, and shoved until he is on the very end of the bed on the verge of falling to the floor while the female enjoys all the rest of the bed.
Actually with me, they often end up on the floor!
I have a queen size bed and I sleep on every inch of it and for some reason prefer sleeping diagonally. Even my kitties get the boot occasionally so they've learned that if they don't want to be disturbed, to sleep at the foot of the bed.

badgeygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's just the opposite in our house. I ended up on the couch this morning because I'd been pushed so far off the bed my hiney was hanging out.
There are only 3 females in our house, me being one of them.

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry but it works the other way at my house too. I curl up in a ball and don't move all night, while my husband has to sleep diagonally across the bed. Of course we are bith subject to nocturnal attacks by ferocious toe killing monster kitties, most of which are female.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
When I first saw your post I read the title as "Are all females in the same bed?"

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My BOYFRIEND is the bed-hog. He likes to sleep jackknifed and at an angle! Leaving me with a sliver of the bed! Grrrr!!!