I've been told that my cat is a ragdoll cross can someone please confirm or not

lil annie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I picked her up from the spca back in december and they told me that she is a ragdoll cross. Can anyone please confirm or let me know what she is forsure. Here are a couple of pictures of her. I am very interested in knowing what breed she is

1)

2)

3)

4)

Thanks for your help with this

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She sure is cute! She looks like she could be a seal lynx Ragdoll (mix). The fur on her back looks a lot like my Smudge's back. How large is she? (Ragdolls tend to be pretty big.)

I hope we hear more about her!!!

ETA - oh yeah...what color are her paws and tail? Do you have a full body pic?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lil annie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is only 6.5 pounds and the vet says that she is very petite. Thanks for the comment on her being cute. I added a couple full body pictures but you can't really tell what color she is but she is grey/tan and creme colored with a bit of browny black

lil annie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She will be 3 in october and how do I know if she's pure breed or not

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't see her eyes in the pictures... She does look a lot like a seal lynx ragdoll - my lucky is one:

Does yours have blue eyes? 6.5 lbs is tiny for a Ragdoll, but who knows!
She is a very cute girl!!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lil Annie

She will be 3 in october and how do I know if she's pure breed or not
The only way to really know if a cat is purebred is when you have the pedigree papers. Otherwise it could be any mix.

You have a very pretty girl

lil annie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yes she does have the blue eyes and looks pretty much like that cat but the chin looks a bit different.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So what is her fur like? I find that Smudge rarely gets mats, whereas other longhairs that are more Himalayan based mat pretty easily...

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She may have some in the background, but more likely just a Ragdoll/Himalayan mix. If her fur is pretty silky and doesn't mat easily its more Ragdoll in her, if it tangles or mats quickly its more of a Persian/Himi in the background.

She is a Seal Lynx Point and very pretty.

lil annie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her fur hardly ever gets matted if at all. I usually brush her once a week to get rid of the excess shedding. I find that she is very spoiled. I get home from work and she is waiting by the door for me and when i put my arms out she comes running to me. She doesn't stop meowing until I pick her up either. She has to have a water fountain or running tap water for her water and will not drink out of a regular bowl. She is very talkative too, and it sounds like she says mom most of the time. It's very hard to get mad at her she went digging through the garbage a while back and had pulled out a chicken wing and i caught her doing this and she just looked at me with her i'm an angel and didn't do anything wrong face. The spca said that she was a stray that was brought in, she hates going outside and I don't know how anyone could let her run away or anything.