The strangest thing you've ever seen?

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What's the strangest thing you've ever seen? When I was a little girl in Puerto Rico, my brother and I were playing with some kids at a playground across the street from the ocean. My brother was several years older, so he was the kind of watching out for us. Some kind of silver aircraft - not a plane or a helicoptor - landed in the ocean. I'm not saying it was a spaceship or anything, but I have no idea what it was. I can vividly remember my brother saying "I think we better go in now." We went in, without a word to our parents, as if we saw something land in the ocean every day. To this day, I don't know what it was.

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few years ago I was driving past Indian Point, a nuclear power plant, and out of the smoke stakes was a question mark! I tried taking a pic, but I was driving so by the time I found my phone I was too far bast it.... but it it was far out!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

What's the strangest thing you've ever seen? When I was a little girl in Puerto Rico, my brother and I were playing with some kids at a playground across the street from the ocean. My brother was several years older, so he was the kind of watching out for us. Some kind of silver aircraft - not a plane or a helicoptor - landed in the ocean. I'm not saying it was a spaceship or anything, but I have no idea what it was. I can vividly remember my brother saying "I think we better go in now." We went in, without a word to our parents, as if we saw something land in the ocean every day. To this day, I don't know what it was.
my goodneess!
really?...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

my goodneess!
really?...
Yes...never have seen anything remotely like it again. If I was in Puerto Rico now, I'd be looking out for that chupcabra

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

Yes...never have seen anything remotely like it again. If I was in Puerto Rico now, I'd be looking out for that chupcabra
Here in Mexico if very Famous he Chupacabras...
but At the moment are not confirmate their existence....

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Here in Mexico if very Famous he Chupacabras...
but At the moment are not confirmate their existence....
Yes Mexico has it Chupacabras but here in Canada we have Bigfoot, although I have never had and encounter myself, my sister and brother-in-law who like in British Columbia swear they have seen the tracks when they were hiking.

I think the strangest thing I ever seen was a two headed Salamander(type of lizard) that lives under the leaves in the wooded areas of Ontario. My older brother actually caught it and used it for a show and tell project in school.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

In Vancouver, I saw a guy smoking crack in the middle of the day on the street. Ew.
Hmmm..... I hope the rest of your honeymoon memories are way better!
Vancouver certainly has its seedy side.

I'm not sure the strangest thing I've actually seen, I've had a few fairly psychic experiences though. Nothing huge and exciting, but there and real still.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live not too far north of Colorado Springs, Colorado (Norad), and one time I saw a Stealth Bomber. It was bizarre. It made no noise; it was like a kite or a bird flying over...

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll have to think about the strangest "general" thing I've seen. However, I have seen some really strange things as a nurse! Unfortunately posting them in an open family oriented forum would get me banned!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I'll have to think about the strangest "general" thing I've seen. However, I have seen some really strange things as a nurse! Unfortunately posting them in an open family oriented forum would get me banned!

I work in the O.R......some of the things people do to themselves or each other, can boggle the mind!!!

vet65

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I live not too far north of Colorado Springs, Colorado (Norad), and one time I saw a Stealth Bomber. It was bizarre. It made no noise; it was like a kite or a bird flying over...
A fellow Coloradoan! Woo hoo! haha

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

In Vancouver, I saw a guy smoking crack in the middle of the day on the street. Ew.
This only made me laugh because I have lived in NYC for almost 20 years. I have seen everything from prostitutes (female, male, and trans) servicing johns on the streets, drug addicts shooting dope, smoking crack, 2 hit and runs, and many other horrid things I wish I hadn't!

The strangest thing I've ever seen....... Outside my window, thousands of people walking down Houston with suitcases and hundreds of military vehicles driving the opposite way, including some heavy duty tanks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

The strangest thing I've ever seen....... Outside my window, thousands of people walking down Houston with suitcases and hundreds of military vehicles driving the opposite way, including some heavy duty tanks.
Hmmm...I wonder what was going on. That would have really freaked me out.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

yeah that would've been freaky. What was going on?

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I think mine is also one of the funniest things I've ever seen. It happened a few months ago. A local shopping center has some guy driving around the parking lot, advertising a Christmas service (I think he rents himself out for parties, dressed as Santa). Well, I was cutting though the lot, behind a car at the 3-way stop sign. Santa (yes, in full Santa regalia, driving a car with a Christmas theme painted all over it), was on the other side; stopping a few seconds after the car ahead of me, who had the right-of-way. She started to make her turn, but Santa thought HE was first, and also started, then cut her off, giving her the finger! Then, he actually stopped in mid-turn, in front of her, rolled his window down, and trash-talked to her! With his pipe still in his mouth, none-the-less. (That takes talent.) If he hadn't been dressed as Santa, and driving that silly SUV, it would've just been rude. With the suit and the SUV, it was hysterical. I know little kids could've seen it, etc., but it was still funny! I was laughing so hard, I literally had trouble driving, and had to pull over to call someone--anyone--to tell them about it! DH didn't share my laughter. I still think it was a hoot!

On his website, he looks like such a jolly Kris Kringle. If people only knew...

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We had something similar here a few years ago. It was staged in order to give us an understanding of what those in actual war zones face very single day...military vehicles and tanks thundering down their streets.

Another time they staged a training camp for urban warfare in downtown complete with helicopters.

https://lists.resist.ca/pipermail/pr...ry/011689.html