chipmunk - photos cuteness warning

mistressotdark

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
so.. while at the cabin in grand beach manitoba, some little visitors come along. one of them being this adorable chipmunk....well several of them but i got a lot of photos of this particular one

here he's starting to eat right out of my hand

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!!! How is that possible he is so comfortable in ur hand that is wayy too cute

I love little furry rodents. I didn't know chipmunks had cheek pouches and stored their food in there!! Ahhh too adorable...

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Campers in our northern parts have had quite an impact on these little guys. They can be quite unafraid of humans. I got some at the cottage the year before last. I put a couple peanuts in front of my, lay down on the deck, pointed the camera and voila! This isn't one of the better ones - I cut his ears off. LOL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mistressotdark

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Campers in our northern parts have had quite an impact on these little guys. They can be quite unafraid of humans. I got some at the cottage the year before last. I put a couple peanuts in front of my, lay down on the deck, pointed the camera and voila! This isn't one of the better ones - I cut his ears off. LOL
very cute..ya I got several photos of him but not all of them came out..after all..holding a chipmunk in one hand and an slr in the other ..can be quite the balancing act..lol but I had fun...my boyfriend even took video of the chipmunk eating out of my hand.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh my gosh, the expression on his face in that last pic is hilarious!!!

rockstarkitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So darn cute!!!!! Made me smile
. Love the last two with he fat cheeks....wondering how many seed he is hiding in there

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great chipmunk pics!

I grew up in Montana where chipmunks are everywhere. None down here in North Carolina. I miss the little entertainers.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CUUUTE!
I love how his cheeks just keep getting fatter as the pictures progress.

When my family went to Yosemite years ago, there were chipmunks there who were very used to eating out of peoples hands. We gave them crackers while they sat on our hands - the little guys were so light you could barely feel them sitting there!

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww too cute! Its great that they're so tame, but I do hope there aren't any abusers among the campers. I guess the chipmunks are quick enough to defend themselves if one of the "feeders" turn out to have intentions of cooking them...

He IS super cute though

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww...great pics! When I was growing up, my grandparents had a family of chipmunks in their yard and my granddad made them comfortable enough that they would crawl into his shirt pocket to get their nuts. We used to have video of it (super 8) but they were ruined by bad storage.

They are the sweetest creatures. If I sat real still (which is VERY hard for a 6 year old) they would come and eat out of my hand, but only if my granddad was there with me. It's just amazing how much they can store in their little cheek pouches.