MEAN people online

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am having a HUGE beef with someone online who wanted to trade a Wii for a boston terrier puppy. Well, after an exchange of words, they decided to threaten me and use VERY choice words. I must say that I wasn't very nice, but not NEARLY as mean as what this person had to say. I never cursed, and they just used every one of the meanest ones on me and then threatened me pretty bad. If ya want to know what the threat was, PM me. It's a bit too harsh to post.

Is there anything I can do about this? I didn't take anything they said to heart, but the threat really got to me. It was pretty much a death threat. They don't know where I live or anything, but still. They have my name from my email so they can find out.

I've gotten mean emails before, but never a threat like this.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try google for internet bullying and "death" threats. Also check your city/state police website.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Call the Police andif its in another state they will send you to the FBI.
It happened to me about 5 or 6 years ago and we called the police.
The sent it to the FBI and the problem was solved.
I was threatened becauseI told my ex mgr the truth about the lady.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Call the Police andif its in another state they will send you to the FBI.
It happened to me about 5 or 6 years ago and we called the police.
The sent it to the FBI and the problem was solved.
I was threatened becauseI told my ex mgr the truth about the lady.
I'm just worried because I said some things that I regret, and I'm afraid that they'll just say that I kind of asked for it and I shouldn't have done what I'd done. The death threat wasn't saying that they were going to do anything to me, it's just what they wanted to happen to me. I may just be blowing this all out of proportion. It would help if a neutral third party read the emails and told me what they think.

mai_kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This might not be a well taken comment...

But anyone who is willing to trade a piece of equipment for a living breathing creature is not really someone you want to deal with... especially if you found them on say Craigslist or some other type of "classified" sales site.

Now if this is you who was taking a Wii for a puppy you really need to think twice about this. Would you really trust someone with your puppy if they just see it as a bartering tool to get new shiny things? What is going to stop them from turning around and getting an Xbox 360 for it when they get bored of the puppy.

I'm sorry but this is one of my biggest pet peeves. An animal should not be used as a trading tool to get a new toy. Save up the cash and get a puppy from a reputable breeder... or save up the cash and buy a Wii from Walmart.

As for the threat... that is what happens when you deal with people who are willing to trade animals for a new toaster.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mismaris777

The death threat wasn't saying that they were going to do anything to me, it's just what they wanted to happen to me.
If it hasn't been an actual threat i wouldn't worry too much?. Why not block them from contacting you again?

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I ended up with a stalker once (who I met online). He somehow get my ex's number (this was when we were together) and started calling him and threatening him. So we went to the police and the officer gave him a call and we never heard from him again. People change their tone real quick when you get the police involved.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mai_kitties

This might not be a well taken comment...

But anyone who is willing to trade a piece of equipment for a living breathing creature is not really someone you want to deal with... especially if you found them on say Craigslist or some other type of "classified" sales site.

Now if this is you who was taking a Wii for a puppy you really need to think twice about this. Would you really trust someone with your puppy if they just see it as a bartering tool to get new shiny things? What is going to stop them from turning around and getting an Xbox 360 for it when they get bored of the puppy.

I'm sorry but this is one of my biggest pet peeves. An animal should not be used as a trading tool to get a new toy. Save up the cash and get a puppy from a reputable breeder... or save up the cash and buy a Wii from Walmart.

As for the threat... that is what happens when you deal with people who are willing to trade animals for a new toaster.
I could not agree more.

Also, not for nothing, but for dealing with people online, I use a gmail address that contains no personal information.

angelic00

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When dealing with people online i use a fake temporary email address.
Trashmail.net and tempomail are 2 great ones you can choose how long to keep that email running for i usually use only 4 hours.