Very good News.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I mentioned in the daily thread yesterday I had to write a four hour exam yesterday afternoon.
I have decided to get my accounting degree after much thought so that was the first step that needed to be taken.
I had to put a rush on things because tomorrow was the cut-off point to begin on Sept 11th for this upcoming semester.
I just received a call that I did really well on the exam and have been excepted into the program...
I am so excited...

Maybe it's true what they say, life begins at 50 or 491/2 in my case.....

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How exciting Susan..... Great job

What kind of hours does the course run? (mornings/afternoons/all day, etc ???) How long of a program is it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

How exciting Susan..... Great job

What kind of hours does the course run? (mornings/afternoons/all day, etc ???) How long of a program is it?
It's a two year program, it runs Monday-Thursday for 5 hours a day from 10-3.
The course itself is throw Laurentian University, but it is being sponsor here at the Canadore Access Site. I am really happy I got excepted because I do need to work at least part-time, however with the issue's I have with my arthritis it is impossible for me to have a normal work schedule anymore. This will allow me to free-lance, and with the contacts I have from my previous job that I was at for 17 years I will have plenty of work...

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Brilliant Susan!
CONGRATULATIONS!
now the clock is ticking for you until 11 september!
don´t get nervous about !

you´ll going to count with my best wishes to you about it!....

Congratulations again!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on getting excepted!! How many semesters/months are the courses??

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

It's a two year program, it runs Monday-Thursday for 5 hours a day from 10-3.
The course itself is throw Laurentian University, but it is being sponsor here at the Canadore Access Site. I am really happy I got excepted because I do need to work at least part-time, however with the issue's I have with my arthritis it is impossible for me to have a normal work schedule anymore. This will allow me to free-lance, and with the contacts I have from my previous job that I was at for 17 years I will have plenty of work...
WOW..... that is great...... I am sooo happy for you.... It's about time you got some sort of break....

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!

I really admire people who have the courage to further their education and/or change careers in mid-life. It's never too late to turn over a new leaf. I wish you the best of luck!