Harry Potter fans?

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Anyone going to the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince premiere tomorrow night? I totally thought it was on thursday and got scheduled to work tomorrow night, but luckily someone is covering my shift
. Im excited, my friend made us shirts
I get to have Seamous Finnigan on my shirt

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a warning to those who have kids and have been letting them watch the movies. Apparently from a review that I read about this movie, it's definitely not a kids movie. There is sex and drugs. So be informed before you take your young kids.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't wait for it!!!!!! It's been too long already!
I am a huge fan - I read all the books 2x, and can't wait for tomorrow... I need to see it in the IMAX though - there is no better way to do it!

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Just a warning to those who have kids and have been letting them watch the movies. Apparently from a review that I read about this movie, it's definitely not a kids movie. There is sex and drugs. So be informed before you take your young kids.
Sex and drugs.... in harry potter... not in the books...

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl

Sex and drugs.... in harry potter... not in the books...
that's weird... do you have the review that says that?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, your first comment IMO was a bit of exaggerated....

from the same article, on drugs:
The film does have a kind of druggie vibe when Harry ingests a vial of Felix Felicis, a potion that gives its consumer good luck.
As far as sex goes, Harry kisses Ginny...
That is hardly a movie with which to worry about sex and drugs - IMO, again...

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Ok, your first comment IMO was a bit of exaggerated....

from the same article, on drugs:

As far as sex goes, Harry kisses Ginny...
That is hardly a movie with which to worry about sex and drugs - IMO, again...
The same article also states

Harry's subsequent feelings of well-being and happy motivation resembles a pharmaceutical high
So far as exaggerating? I went by the title of the article and it's content.

Sex, drugs and Quidditch
Harry Potter series reaches full-blooded maturity with Half-Blood Prince
If you feel it was an exaggeration, the author of the article is the one you wish to speak to.

IMHO none of the movies were children oriented. I know if I had kids I wouldn't be letting them watch any of the Potter movies.

My original post was meant to inform people that there are grown up changes to this movie that they may not want their children to see. If you are comfortable with your kids viewing such content, then by all means... take them to see the movie. But I feel that people need to make the decision based on being well informed.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still think it is an exaggeration... His feelings of well being resembling a pharmaceutical high is open to interpretation. He is certainly not seen using drugs.

"Harry's subsequent feelings of well-being and happy motivation resembles a pharmaceutical high"

Would you let your children watch Scooby-doo? We all know Shaggy was a stonner, who has constant munchies... Have we see him smoking pot? Nope. Have the children made a connection that he was stonned? I didn't - I realized when I was an adult. IMO the same applies here.

As far as them being hormonal.... Well.... Guess what? They are growing up! The books show the same things... the hormonal outbursts, the kissing, harry being a jerk... If a child was old enough to read and understand the books, IMO they will be safe to watch the movies.

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the "drugs" is just a love potion thing that he uses to fall in love with one of the girls

I am going to see this movie eventually, but it does last 2 and 1/2 hours

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't wait!
We'll be going Saturday night, hopefully a lot of the people will have already gone the previous three nights, so it will be less packed (probably not, but worth a shot.) We will be seeing it in IMAX too, so that'll make it even better.

ETA: I just went on the IMAX website, and it says that the 3D Harry Potter won't open till the 29th.
Maybe we'll just go see it in the regular theaters until then.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

I can't wait!
We'll be going Saturday night, hopefully a lot of the people will have already gone the previous three nights, so it will be less packed (probably not, but worth a shot.) We will be seeing it in IMAX too, so that'll make it even better.

ETA: I just went on the IMAX website, and it says that the 3D Harry Potter won't open till the 29th.
Maybe we'll just go see it in the regular theaters until then.
I know... I saw that too
That is so NOT fair!! We waited for SO LONG! I will wait until the 29th though - there is nothing like Harry Potter in the IMAX... I might just read the book again to get my fix until then!

zooy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We're going tonight at midnight.
We can get tickets at 10:30... luckily we live literally across the street from the theatre so I can sleep till like 11, eat something and go.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Just a warning to those who have kids and have been letting them watch the movies. Apparently from a review that I read about this movie, it's definitely not a kids movie. There is sex and drugs.
They had the cast on here last week talking about it as well as showing clips, and it's not as bad as the reviews are making it out to be

I can't wait to see it, but i hate the cinema so i'll have to wait for the DVD

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm one of the biggest Harry Potter fans you'll ever meet, and I want to see it soooooooo, but I can't for several reasons.

I think I might have to wait until the DVD comes out.
Does anyone know when that is?