TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Something I thought would never happenen...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Something I thought would never happenen...

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
I met a guy. I am the type of girl that is always on the go. I set my own goals in life, etc. I know what I want, or thought I did. With my mom passing away, I realized that I still have to go on.

This is someone I knew in high school that I was really close to, but the feelings were not mutual. After two long weeks, I finally was able to get through to him, and now the feelings are mutual.

Although I hadn't seen him in 12 years, he is still the same person and is still as respectful to me as he was in high school. He wants to help me and be there for me and I help him with setting up his own goals. I want him to succeed. He is so incredibly smart.

We have only seen each other for 2 1/2 months, but already we are discussing a future, family, etc. It just feels so natural and so right. There isn't anything we can't talk about.

Unfortunately, any plans I have will be put on hold. My dad is very sick and will require any help I can give him. My dad is all I have left from my direct family and it is scary to know that if something should happen that I will be completely alone.

Life just does not add up sometimes or seem fair. It will be a long and hard road for him and my responsibility to him comes first. Sometimes I wake up and wonder if this is really my life or if it is a nighmare. Sometimes I wish it were.

So who knows where this relationship will end up going, but it looks like he is in it for the long run, no matter what. I can be thankful for that. I am not used to someone outside of my family caring that much for me.
post #2 of 10
I hope everything works out for you.
post #3 of 10
What a sweet story. I hope it all works out for you.
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstarkitties View Post
What a sweet story. I hope it all works out for you.


I'm a firm believer in: if it was meant to be, it will be.

post #5 of 10
Wow, it sounds so wonderfully familiar. Enjoy it, you deserve it
post #6 of 10
Sounds like the guy is a winner. Hoping everything works out for you.
post #7 of 10
Maybe this guy can be there for you and help you through this tough time?
I'm osrry you are having a tough time and going through this, and happy that you have found someone special.
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess15 View Post
This is someone I knew in high school that I was really close to, but the feelings were not mutual. After two long weeks, I finally was able to get through to him, and now the feelings are mutual.
Sabrina, i'm lost?. If the feelings weren't there on his part in the beginning, what did you say to him during the 2 weeks to make him change his mind?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess15 View Post
My dad is all I have left from my direct family and it is scary to know that if something should happen that I will be completely alone.
I know their not direct family, but you have your aunts and uncles, so you won't ever be alone
post #9 of 10
things work out for you...
post #10 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiemac View Post
Sabrina, i'm lost?. If the feelings weren't there on his part in the beginning, what did you say to him during the 2 weeks to make him change his mind?.

I know their not direct family, but you have your aunts and uncles, so you won't ever be alone
I meant when we were in high school! They are now 100%.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Something I thought would never happenen...